News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

44 TONNER DCC RECEIVER & PCB BACHMANN

Started by svbedekar, October 08, 2013, 12:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

svbedekar

Hello All,

Anyone knows about how to use "44 TONNER DCC RECEIVER & PCB BACHMANN", if this can be used with "Spectrum HO Scale Train 2-6-6-2 DCC Equipped " ?

The said engine "Spectrum HO Scale Train 2-6-6-2 DCC Equipped " is DCC equipped but without sounf module so I am thinking if "44 TONNER DCC RECEIVER & PCB BACHMANN" will do that work ?

If NO, any suggetion which sound module is fit for this engine ?

Thanks in advance ..

Sanjeev

Doneldon

svb-

Since many Bachmann products have special decoders I would not expect a 44-tonner DCC/sound decoder to work in a 2-6-6-2. For one thing, it might just give you diesel sound. Even if it would work, however, I would get a different decoder, especially since it is sound that you want to add.

You can either purchase a complete DCC/sound decoder and speaker or just add a sound decoder and speaker to the existing DCC decoder. A DCC/sound decoder would be a somewhat easier installation but it would cost in the realm of $80-120. A sound only add-on would run around $40-75 but it might be a more complicated job and it would take up more space.
                                                                                                                                                                              -- D

richg

Quote from: svbedekar on October 08, 2013, 12:56:00 PM
Hello All,

Anyone knows about how to use "44 TONNER DCC RECEIVER & PCB BACHMANN", if this can be used with "Spectrum HO Scale Train 2-6-6-2 DCC Equipped " ?

The said engine "Spectrum HO Scale Train 2-6-6-2 DCC Equipped " is DCC equipped but without sounf module so I am thinking if "44 TONNER DCC RECEIVER & PCB BACHMANN" will do that work ?

If NO, any suggetion which sound module is fit for this engine ?

Thanks in advance ..

Sanjeev

The 44 ton as was said is a diesel. To my knowledge, Bachmann does not sell a 44 ton sound module.

Go to the below site and see what is recommended for the 2-6-6-2.

http://www.soundtraxx.com/choose/step3.php?t=ho&s=Bachmann

Sounds like you need to do a lot of reading on what powers different locos and what is available/recommended for DCC and sound.
Pull the decoder and plug in a sound decoder.

Below is a link on how to do this.

http://www.mrdccu.com/curriculum/soundtraxx/tsunami.htm

Bachmann has royally messed up the on line catalog and I don't thing a sound module is available for the 2-6-6-2.
There are sound modules for three other locos.

Rich