decoder Pin Position on Bachmann Berkshire PC board

Started by TERRYINTEXAS, October 08, 2013, 07:36:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TERRYINTEXAS

jonathan

Terry,

The "8" is what I used as my "go-by" when I installed sound in my Berkshire.  It does, indeed, indicate the number 8 socket.  From there, one can figure out the numbers for the rest of the sockets.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Jonathan

richg

The loco will run in reverse if plugged in wrong. No damage. The NMRA designed this connector like this.
I have only run across one error for the Bachmann 8 pin connector and I think it was in the doodlebug a few years ago. Tonys Trains had a warning.

Do a Google search for NMRA connector pins. Not a big deal. I see you in the trains.com site so I know you are pretty much aware of DCC.

Rich

TERRYINTEXAS

Actualy the loco didn't run at all when i first plugged it in then i reversed the plug and every thing but the lights worked
so i'm wondering if there is something wrong with the board
i ordered a new one

TERRYINTEXAS

Here's Bachmans Answer

Hello, the pin on the bottom of the second column (if looking at the board as pictured) is the #1 pin.
You can also see the markings for the #8 pin (bottom left column) and the #4 pin (top right column).

Hope this helps,

Ash
Bachmann Industries Inc.

Here's the Photo

http://s132.photobucket.com/user/TerryinTexas/media/H4915-DCCO1c_zpsa2508ffa.jpg.html

GG1onFordsDTandI

Pretty much standard circuit board labeling. You will see this type of logic often in electronics labeling, even if it isn't on a train board. The D's are diodes, R's are resistors, C's are capacitors, Q's transistors, etc. etc.  Its not often a component is placed in a position labeled different from what it should be. I have seen diodes, and resistors positions labeled wrong, because the circuit design was changed a bit, but its pretty rare.