News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

OLDER F-3'S WILLIAMS

Started by donnie 50, October 06, 2013, 11:14:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donnie 50

HI, I HAD PURCHASED 3 SETS OF WILLIAMS F3 DIESELS FROM A LADY THAT WAS SELLING HER LATE HUSBANDS TRAINS. THE ENGINES RUN FINE AND THE PROBLEM THERE IS NO REVERSE. IS THIS THE WAY THEY MADE THEM YEARS AGO OR DID HE CHANGE SOMETHING ON THEM??????DONNIE

Joe Satnik

Dear donnie,

Typing with locked caps is considered SHOUTING on forums.  Please unlock them. 

It is highly unlikely that your F3 locos were made without a reverse. 

We need to know what is inside one of your powered locos.   

Place the loco upside down on a soft towel and remove the 4 round headed Phillips screws near the 4 corners of the loco chassis.

(Leave the 2 flat head screws alone.)

Carefully put the loco back on its wheels and lift the shell off the chassis.     

Recent reverse board

Recent (but no longer newest) TBII sound board and speaker

Do you see these circuit board assemblies inside your loco?  (Could be different if old enough.)

Anything besides these boards and the speaker, a lamp and the 2 vertical motors inside your loco?

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik

If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

donnie 50

hi joe, i am writing u back about the older f3 williams engine i have with no reverse. i took the shell off and it has 2 engines witha dome type metal cylinder type in the middle with a chip in the middle,that i could read the word india on it. this is a older engine with no circuit boards or sound. thanks,don.

Joe Satnik

Is there some kind of switch protruding from the bottom of the chassis?

Joe
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

Joe Satnik

Dear donnie,

Photos would really help.    Do you (or a friend) have a digital camera and know how to upload photos to a hosting website, like Photobucket?

You could then copy a link to the board here, which will allow us to see the insides of your loco. 

Thanks. 

Joe Satnik

donnie 50

hi, no switch on the bottom. i tried to send a picture and it says it is to big to load, i took it to a train shop and the guy says it looks ok. any  suggestions?

Joe Satnik

donnie,

We're gonna get you going. 

Watch for a personal message from me.

Joe Satnik

phillyreading

Quote from: donnie 50 on October 10, 2013, 01:49:33 PM
hi, no switch on the bottom. i tried to send a picture and it says it is to big to load, i took it to a train shop and the guy says it looks ok. any  suggestions?

You may have to type the URL from www.photobucket.com into the box on here to add the photo.
If you don't have a switch for reverse on the bottom of the frame it could be an older Williams unit from around the Crown Edition time or before then. I got in touch with the Williams repair department a few years ago and they told me that there are many circuit boards that could have been used, so they need more info, especially a photo of it, any numbers on the circuit are needed to identify it.

Lee F.