News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Let's See Some Of Your Work

Started by Guilford Guy, February 02, 2007, 04:48:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yampa Bob

To all who posted pics, really nice work. I especially like Howard's Connie.

Paul M,  what's wrong with "Bob".  Actually looks more like a "Henry", call it a GP-H. I'm glad someone else likes "critters", reminds me of some of my chopped goat projects. I recently made some more powered cabooses for friends, and a powered canteen (water car) for myself from old tender parts.  

I have a Yugoslavia GP, looks like a stretched GP50, really nice body but motor and gears are shot. I'd like to fit the shell on a Bachmann GP chassis if I can get it to fit.  I'll post a picture sometime, see if anyone has some ideas.

My current project is an old coach, chopped from 60' to 50', to go with my Yampa Valley Mail route.  For a picture and details, see "120 Years of Progress".  
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

epeorus

This string has been going for quite a while.  Summer is not much of a "project time" for me but here's a little diorama I have been working on:

Jim
The Jemez & Rio Grande, an On30 branch of the Chili Lines.

thirdrail

Some of my N scale work:

There are a lot more where those came from. I've been in N scale for 40 years!

Guilford Guy

Do I spy a B&M P4? That would make a nice Spectrum 4-6-2, don't ya' think?
Alex

Chessie Sys. 3022

This is my Spectrum GP30 that I'm working on painting for the Chessie System. The stripe under the grill by the cab needs some straightening and the bottom edge with the orange and blue needs some work. It looks better in real life.

~Justin

0n30nutz

OK guys, here's a kit , actually a pair of kits, put together for a "build a model in two months" challege early in the summer. The tanks are O scale Crummy Products Wooden Oil Tanks from the eighties? I had gotten on eBay. The loading dock is from Deerfield River Laser, also O scale. Both the tanks and dock were 'piped' with Plastruct tubling, elbows, valves, etc.The Oil Tanker I got at a TCA meet in York, PA and relettered with decals from Hamm River Products. It took about two weeks of off and on modeling, but the challenge did show we modelers can get something done in the summer if we really wanna play. ;D

Howard

If it ain't steam, it ain't...

Santa Fe buff

You'll see some of my pictures when my layout is put in my room, which shouldn't be too long... :)
Great picturs so far.  ;)
- Joshua Bauer

Jim Banner

Clicking on the link below will take you to a thread on the 0n30 board that shows some of the track work I have been working on.  The stub switch shown is rather dull and mundane compared to the cars and locomotives shown above, but it it something a little different from what you see on mainstream model railroading.
http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,6211.0.html
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Santa Fe buff

Wow,
That's the first time I've ever saw a switch that switched the entire track, not the rails!
- Joshua Bauer

Guilford Guy

Stub Switches were very common until and even after Frogs were developed...
Alex

Santa Fe buff

Well I think frogs are sort of better, they are more realistic.
- Joshua Bauer

Conrail Quality

That's missing the point. Stub switches are used by real 1:1 railroads (narrow-gauge mostly, nowadays), and that's what Jim is modeling (and modeling extremely well, might I add).

Timothy
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale

Ozzie21

Well not much in the track or scenery dept from me . My forte if you like is building locos like this

NSWGR AD 60 Garrett.

British Railways Class 8P pacific " Duke of Gloucester".

NSWGR D58 class 3cylinder heavy mountain.

British Railways Standard Class 4 2-6-0.

I enjoy this part of the hobby. I'd enjoy it even more if I could geta few US locos in kit form other than Bowser, of which I've built a few. RTR is great and I have many RTR locos in plastic and brass but I find building a kit loco very relaxing............... most of the time.

Charles Emerson
Queensland
Australia

Joe Satnik

GG and SF,

You missed the "points".

The frog is the X shaped part of the turnout where the left and right rails cross each other.  If you look again at Jim's stub switch, it too has a frog. 

The moving "point rails" are narrowed at the tip and lay against the stock rails on a regular "split rail" turnout, which are better for high speed traffic. 

Stub switches work well in snowy and icy conditions, as there is no need to remove the ice and snow from between the point and stock rails to throw the switch.

Railroads actually heat certain (remotely operated?) switches to keep them snow and ice free in the winter. 

Hope this helps. 

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik   

If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

Guilford Guy

Oops, wasn't thinking that time... Brain doesn't function too too well late at night. In the movie "The General," I believe there are several scenes showing stub switches.
Alex