Started by Guilford Guy, February 02, 2007, 04:48:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

murfling

HELP!!!

I am trying to show you, but it keeps telling me "Can't Access Upload Path"

What am I doing wrong?

\

Guilford Guy

you need to first upload your pictures to an image hosting site such as http://www.imageshack.us
Alex

CAB_IV

Here is some of my work.

I figure since this is the bachmann forums, that is is apporpriate i post a picture of my greatest Bachman engine, my 44ton switcher.  True, others have better detail, or look nicer, but this little engine is the only engine that can fit in my tight industrial center with the modern cars.

some of my other work

my Philly division GP38 i've been working on.  there is a GP40FH-2 in the background.

My SEPTA train.  despite having alot of Philadelphia based trains, i actually model the North Jersey Coastline, so this is alittle out of place, lol.

thats all for now.

murfling

Okay, I guess I need a step by step explanation on how to make it work. I have the picture hosted, but I can't get it into the post. Please help, I want to show off what I did. Thank You
Jonathan

Alex V.

Love the GP30 snow scene!  Great work.
Alex - Owner/Operator
          Western Overland R.R.

ebtbob

Good Morning All,

I have seen nice work posted in this thread and want to say "Great Job All."    However,  I noticed something that we do as a group.   We tend to post close up shots of things,  trying to get that "real look".   I think it would be great if some of us could post a more broad look at our railroads,  to give everyone a feel for what the railroad looks like.   To that thought,  here is a picture of the mainyard area on my On30 railroad.   Now the pic is a bit outdated as there have two more stub end sidings added to the bottom of the picture since it was taken.
      I am going to try to get some more pix taken in the next week or so and give you a feel for what my railroads look like overall.

Bob
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

Guilford Guy

Heres what those pics were shot on ;D

Alex

Guilford Guy

Heres what those pics were shot on ;D

Alex

lanny

Bob,

I got quite a chuckle out of the 'little stinker' sneaking up on the rail fan. Great modeling touches that really add interest to a very nicely sceniced layout. Keep up the great work! That's quite a yard you are building, Bob!

GG, I think Steve's blood pressure is now low enough for me to say that I enjoyed your 'snow bound' photos of the GP30. However, had that been an IC 2-10-2 or 4-8-2 I might also have had a blood pressure attack :-)

CAB_IV, your modeling is looking good! Some nice shots. This is a nice thread and an 'inspiring one' as well.

Keep up the great work, everyone!

lanny nicolet
ICRR Steam & "Green Diamond" era modeler

LD303

These are 2 model power baldwins, the one on the left is ''stock'' the one on the right is a re-paint,  i think the re-paint looks 100% better! lol

LD303

these 2 are an sd40 from athearn, [that i bought undecorated] and the gp 40 started life as a UP gp40 from bachmann,  both got the CSX paint job,  i was very happy with the results,  only had to touch up 2 places, lol.

LD303

this is part of a scratchbuilt and kit built chemical plant, gave me an oppurtunity to exercise my imagination.

LD303

last one, sorry about the pic quality, maybe one of these years ill learn to use that digicam right! lol

this is a corner of my layout  ,  sort of an ''industrial area'',  stock kits and some scratchbuilt stuff,  it keeps getting re-done for some odd reason, ;)....maybe someday ill get it the way i like it.

WoundedBear

I'm just getting mine going as far as scenery is concerned. Like I said before....I'm a car nut.....so my first attempts may be a bit amateurish. Please feel free to offer tips and ideas.....I'm like a sponge right now soaking up all the new material I am reading.

This is one of the far back corners of my layout. While I still have "belly clearance" I felt I should get these corners attended to first. ;D

The shack is an old plastic kit as is the shed......I am scratchbuilding the fire watch tower and experimenting with photoshop to create the cupola (cabin). I print the walls out and glue them to thin balsa or plywood veneer, then assemble the 4 walls.

Sid

LD303

its looking good there bear, one  thing i learned about corners, try not to make it so deep that you have to climb up on the layout or a ladder to reach the back wall......my back corners are just about 6 inches too deep and if i want to change something i have to use a small step ladder,  also, i put several large trees in the front of my layout and now when i reach across to the back...i uproot 2 or 3 every time  lol     small trees or shrubbery might be a better idea if youll be reaching across them a lot.   

i like your sub-roadbed, the radii look great....i wish i had done that in a couple places.

dont worry about being an amateur.....im a amateur [with a few yrs. experience] too!  lol   its all about learning, asking questions and trying whatever you think MIGHT work.