News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

ho crossover using the ac accesory terminals

Started by shakensand, October 17, 2013, 06:19:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shakensand

I have crossovers for my ho track.  The brief instructions call for the crossover to be attached to an AC terminal.  None of my power packs have the AC terminals  I have (2) Bachman power packs, one a DCC the other DC only.  Further I have the MRC Prodigy Advance2, still no AC terminals.

I need guidance in solving this installation problem.

I appreciate any info you can give me

shakensand

Doneldon

Shaky-

There are probably some exceptions but, in my experience, few DCC systems have accessory terminals. Most power packs, however, do. You van use AC or DC for switch machines and most lighting. Look around your home to see if you have an extra old power pack or wall wart from a dead cell phone or electronic device. Check the output for the correct voltage and sufficient ampacity to operate your accessories. There's no need to get your auxiliary power from the box which makes your trains go.
                                                                                                                                                                                       -- D

Catt

Your powerpacks should have 4 connections 2 are for track power and are variable.The other 2 are a fixed voltage and are the AC or accessory terminals these are where you connect the turnouts.Using one pack for the track only and one for accessories is a good idea in my book unless you have a high output power pack.

Jerrys HO

QuoteI have (2) Bachman power packs, one a DCC the other DC only.

Sandy

The DC power pack should have accessory terminals on it.

Jerry