News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Attaching Track

Started by MattH, October 19, 2013, 10:29:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MattH

How do I attach HO easy connect track to plywood?

Morgun 30

This has been asked before. Several answers can be found by using the search feature

Jerrys HO

Matt,
I use a low temp glue gun on my track to the foam board. I have used it on plywood before I put the foam on and it holds well. Others have recommended using caulk, although I have not tried it personally it should work also.
As Morgan stated use the search tab at the top of the page and you will find a lot more recommendations.

Jerry 

GG1onFordsDTandI

And it will  be asked again and again ::). Screws can be used, caulk is very popular. Basically the possibility of having to remove the track should be considered, but Liquid Nails works too. If you search and find recent, in-depth thread (likely), don't be afraid too comment to bring it to the top again ;).

mabloodhound

Adhesive caulk!   I use Pheonoseal by DAP but there are others.   Don't spend extra money on expensive silicone caulks just get one that says adhesive on it.
The good thing with caulk is that the track can be moved/removed easily with a putty knife/pry under it.
8)
Dave Mason

D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"In matters of style, swim with the current;
in matters of principle, stand like a rock."   Thos. Jefferson

The 2nd Amendment, America's 1st Homeland Security

the Bach-man

Dear All,
I just completed a 5' x 9' On30 layout which will appear in the next On30 Annual and be raffled off at the Amherst Railway Show in Springfield next January.
The foam base, Woodland Scenics risers, and all EZ Track were fastened together with indoor / outdoor carpet tape. It worked astonishingly well- it holds the track securely but changes can be made where needed.
Try it!
Have fun!
the Bach-man

GG1onFordsDTandI

Quote from: the Bach-man on October 21, 2013, 12:54:07 AM
Dear All,
I just completed a 5' x 9' On30 layout which will appear in the next On30 Annual and be raffled off at the Amherst Railway Show in Springfield next January.
The foam base, Woodland Scenics risers, and all EZ Track were fastened together with indoor / outdoor carpet tape. It worked astonishingly well- it holds the track securely but changes can be made where needed.
Try it!
Have fun!
the Bach-man

When will the magazine be available?

Joe Satnik

The Bach-man said:

"...the Amherst Railway Show in Springfield next January."

To be a little more specific, West Springfield, MA,

Sat. Jan. 25 and Sun. Jan. 26, 2014.

http://www.railroadhobbyshow.com/attendingtheshow.php#location

(About 2/3 of the 50 states have at least one town of "Springfield" in them.   Amtrak stops at 3 of them....)

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik

If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

ebtnut

The Carstens narrow gauge "Annuals" usually come out around mid-August.  The 2014 editions were just off the press at the Pasadena narrow gauge convention.  So you would be looking for the 2015 On30 Annual next summer. 

mabloodhound

The 2013 On30 Annual was released around Nov 0f 2012 and I received mine sometime in January of 2013.   This is the last On30 Annual released.   
I expect the 2014 On30 Annual will be released sometime soon.   It has NOT been released yet according to the Carstens website.
Dave Mason

D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"In matters of style, swim with the current;
in matters of principle, stand like a rock."   Thos. Jefferson

The 2nd Amendment, America's 1st Homeland Security

the Bach-man

Dear All,
I anticipate its release just after the first of the year.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

BIG BEAR

Hey All,

As usual the Bach-man is right. I pick-up my copy of the On30 Annual at:  http://www.greenfieldnewsandhobby.com/catalog-new2.html    in mid January or early February. as a rule I call ahead to make sure they have it in before I drive the 45 min. with gas at $3.25ish it almost doubles the price.

Enjoy,
  Barry

P.S. Looking forward to seeing & reading about more of your fine work Bach-man. 
Barry,

...all the Live long day... If she'd let me.