News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Coupler Conversion

Started by mlt1, September 08, 2007, 10:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mlt1

Hello All,

Got a question about converting or replacing couplers.  I found a tank wagon car at the shop I go to with markings of one of the companies our company owns, so it would be neat to have it.  One problem: It is a Model Railroad (?) brand car (white and red company logo) with a MRA coupler as my shop employee called it.  It is not a knuckle coupler like on my Bachmann cars.  It is attached to the truck, and the truck looks like it is riveted on with a body mounted die-cast rivet, rather than held with a screw.  I've never yet seen a Union 76 brand car, so I'd like to buy this one, but the couplers are different.  Anyone have some suggestions?

Thanks,     :)

mlt1

Craig

This is all you need to know:

Quote from: Len on August 26, 2007, 01:10:23 PM
Whichever knuckle coupler you choose, if you're going to use the original coupler pocket you'll need some Kadee #212 Talgo adapters.

The fill in the space between the small pin in the original coupler pocket and the large hole in the knuckle coupler.

Len

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,2359.msg20529.html

SteamGene

You can do what Craig suggests.  You can also PROBABLY cut the coupler pocket off the trucks and body mount Kadees to the tanker frame. 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

r.cprmier

cut the coupler pocket off the trucks and body mount Kadees to the tanker frame.

Seconded.
Rich
Rich

NEW YORK NEW HAVEN & HARTFORD RR. CO.
-GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!