Decals for the 2-6-0 steam loco

Started by locoman, September 08, 2007, 03:47:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

locoman

I have just repainted my 2-6-0 loco and am going to set it  up to look like
the C & S 21.  I have already completed a 22  but now I need help in
getting the correct size decals.  I do know that the  Champ set for locos in
O guage is  to large and long for the tender.  I need a set that has the
lettering for "Colorado & Southern" not  over 2 & 7/8 inches long.  This will fit on  the  side of  the tender just right and be al close match to the lettering on my 22. Not too much shorter than that either or  else it will not look well  next to my already completed 22.  Any suggestions  will be greatly received. 

C.P.R.R. Manager

Rio Grande Hobbies has some re-lettering sets specifically made for the 2-6-0.  I haven't bought these, but I do have some of their resin kits, and they are qhite good.  Here is a link to their Ebay store, and you can probably buy decals directly as well.

http://stores.ebay.com/RIO-GRANDE-HOBBY-COMPANY

NelsOn-30

locoman

S scale decals are 3/4 the size of O scale and may be suitable and fit?
Nelson

Notka Lake Logging & Navigation RR

Royce Wilson

Why not use the C&S 22 tender and just remove the number 22 off the rear and re number it 21? ;D
                                              Royce Wilson

ole

I have used Rio Grande Hobby On30 decals and I would recommend their decals. In fact, I have seen a 2-6-0 relettering kit from them so there wll be something besides good olde C & S #22s running on layouts across the planet; I am just as guilty. I have used Rio Grande's decals for the Bachann high side gondolas & box cars and was impressed with the sharpness of the white and the thin decal material.
Owyhee River & Western RR, a division of the C&S - Nevada

shayman

Hi
I did what Royce said a couple of years ago using woodland scenic dry transfer number sheet. Wood have posted a picture but I have deleted them. If you are interested I will make a new one and post it.
shayman
Logging up Deep Creek

br549

Gee, thats one delima I faced not too long ago! I looked everywhere for suitable decals and didn't find squat.
Then I was informed S scale is the best that was available at the time.
That's another story, try to find S scale decals in the C&S !  If you can find any in 0n3 they fit .
My self I gave up and used WS dry transfers.
You could try www.sanjuancarco.com or even locate foothill model works.
Good luck...

rkex

I use Clover House dry transfers. They're nicely done and easy to use on large, flat surfaces, but difficult on small areas like domes.

Ray

Royce Wilson

I am not trying to advertise for Clover house, but his catalog is well worth the price.
he offers vintage advertising,all colors and styles of dry tranfers.

Royce Wilson

br549

Royce, Thanks for the heads up on Clover House for decals.  I didnt know they exisisted until now. (I must lead a sheltered life...) Thanks!

shayman

Hi all
Here is what I did to change the number.

Hi
I did what Royce said a couple of years ago using woodland scenic dry transfer number sheet. Would have posted a picture but I have deleted them. If you are interested I will make a new one and post it.
shayman
Logging up Deep Creek

br549

Hey! those came out really nice. What an inspiration, looks like I had better get busy. Now I dont have any excuses not to have my trains decaled.