News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

How to remove cab from Connie

Started by Gary Armitstead, September 10, 2007, 02:39:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary Armitstead

I want to remove the cab from my Connie and remove the rear wall portion to do some detailing inside. Are these held in place by screws or glued? Thanks for any help.

Kevin Strong

Hopefully TOC will chime in with more precise instructions, but I believe the cab is held to the floor by 4 screws, each towards the corners of the cab. Remove them any piping that may extend into the front cab wall, and--if memory serves--it lifts right up. It's been a while since I had mine apart.

Later,

K

Curmudgeon

I'll double check, but I think the running boards fit into the front wall, and the reverse link goes through it, too.

Gary Armitstead

Thanks guys. I wonder if the rear wall of the cab slides out to remove it?

Kevin Strong

You'll have to cut the rear wall out, but it's not major surgery. A cut-off wheel or micro saw blade in a dremel tool will make quick work of it. The micro saw blade is the better option, but harder to find. Check Micro-Mark to see if they have them.

Later,

K

Loco Bill Canelos

HI Guys.

I want to rewire a connie and battery power it.  I have searched My Large Scale .com for a how to,  but could find nothing.  I am told there was somthing online that explained disassembly and wiring info, but I have had no luck finding anything.  Can anyone steere me in the right direction??

Thanks
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Gary Armitstead

Bill,
I had no clue how to do this work, so I had Jonathan Bliese from Electric Model Works do it for me. I'm very happy with what he did and it performs great! Airwire and Phoenix P5. ;D