News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

CityScenes skyscrapers.

Started by Frankford el car, September 10, 2007, 11:43:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frankford el car

Has Bachmann considered a new release of the CityScenes buildings, such as the Trade Tower, Metropolitan Building, Ambassador Hotel, or any other building of ten stories or taller?
Chief Superintendent,

Independent Transit Co. (INT Lines)

"Have your transfer ready, for the next stop."

Hunt

Frankford el car,

You do not have the correct URL for the image you are trying to use as your Profile Personalized Picture. However, the image is under Copyright and unless you have written permission to use it, you should not.

RAM

I do not think many people want a  ten stories or taller building.  That was the reason they did not sell the first time around.

Paul M.

I've seen a few Spectum structures at my LHS.

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

glsummers

If you want them as a background they are available as backdrops that are glued unto the wall. I have serveral city scenes on my layout and they are really nice. I got them from background warehouse on line. Check it out they are terrific. Larry

Frankford el car

What picture is coming across, as none show up for me. I was trying to use the logo that I designed, for my transit system layout.
Chief Superintendent,

Frankford el car

Considering all of the layouts featuring skyscrapers, in issues of Model Railroader, and Railroad Model Craftsman magazines, obviously someone want's them besides myself. Areas around big city stations typically have buildings taller than 3-4 stories in height.
Chief Superintendent,

Frankford el car

Not that I have anything against layouts depicting small towns with 2-3 story buildings. But I model a medium-sized inner city, with a mass transit system. The smaller buildings are suitable for neighborhood shopping districts away from the downtown area. But in larger quantities, they would be out of place in the central business districts of Newark or Jersey City, NJ; Philadelphia; or Manhattan.
Chief Superintendent,

MrMunchkin

Go on to E-Bay and look up Halsam Skyline building sets, these were made in the 60s and were HO scale sets that could be made into any number of different skyscrapers of any size there always seem to be a few listed there and the prices arn't too bad.

MrMunchkin

also check out the Heljen highrise building, the Walther's number is 322-1713 and if you look it up on their site you will find a picture of it, it is a little small for H.O. but makes a good background building, I have one and it was an easy kit to build and looks good when done, I can't find a spot for it on my layout for it now but I will at some point.
Also, those  Bachmann buildings you asked about... some months ago someone else asked Johan about them and he said that Bachmann didn't own the tooling for them so that if they ever were rereleased it would not be by Bachmann, but by the company that had made them (I think it was Pola, but I'm not sure). About a year or so after they came out they were on closeout at Model-Expo very cheep, now I usually see them at large train shows, but the prices are high.  P.M.