News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Does anyone know

Started by pjf, October 30, 2013, 08:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjf

Dear Yardmaster,  I would like to add an EZ Track #44576 Crossover to my layout.
Can you please confirm if there is enough passing clearance between the parallel tracks to operate any On30 rolling stock or On30 2 8 0 or 4 6 0 locos.

Can not get any e-mail responce from your "webstore"
Thank you
Peter

Bucksco

This item is designed for use with HO scale products even though it will work with On30. I would expect clearances to be tight in On30 but can't say for sure. Perhaps someone here on the forum will post an answer or you can give the service department a call and ask them.

Joe Satnik

Dear pjf,

The distance between the center lines of the mains on the crossover is 2-3/8"  (Two and 3/8")

That means that if you had 2 cars, each the same width as the center line spacing (2-3/8"),

they would just touch each other when placed on the crossover track.

The cars wobble, so you would need more that "zero" clearance for the trains to pass each other.

2-3/8" - (Max car or loco width) = Clearance.

What is the width of your widest loco or car?

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik 
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

lvrr325

Might be better to use two #6 switches and even if you use a piece of Atlas sectional track (from the short piece assortment that gives you pieces from 1" to 3" or so) between them, separate them a bit for more clearance.  With tight joiners it should hold together okay, or you could add some plastic or other material to tie them together.

I had someone order one of those crossovers years ago from my shop and he wasn't happy with it - for some reason it wouldn't do what he wanted.  I was never sure just why though.

pjf

Thank you for your kind responses, 2-3/8 could work but I would want to confirm that.
I am completely dumbfounded for the lack of customer service from this company. I posted here, sent e-mail inquiry, telephoned 3 times trying to talk with someone and finally left a message with the "customer service supervisor" with my question. The "web store" lists the entire product line but with no or very little information that would describe or offer specification for what they sell.

Recently one of the posts here expressed concerns about the future of the On30 line. Having such difficult time and this is not the first; I would be concerned about the future of the entire company.
Is it too much to ask all I need is an official yes or no to my question.
Peter

Joe Satnik

Dear pjf,

You can get Bachmann track dimensions by downloading AnyRail.com track CAD software. 

It is free for the first 50 track pieces.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik

If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.