News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Question for the Bach Man

Started by Bob Banjany, October 27, 2013, 11:28:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Banjany

Will the new TruBlast Plus be available to swap out TRuBlast II anytime soon..?

I also would like to know if the new MegaSDteam smoke liquid is compatible with Williams Steam Locomotives..They advertise it is..I want to know your thoughts..

Hi Bob Banjany,

671 here.
                I have tried several different smoke fluids for the Seuthe type smoke units found within the Williams by Bachmann Steamers.
                Here are my results/opinions...

1.      The Bachmann fluid has a tendency to 'pop' and 'sputter' spitting excess fluid all over the Loco's boiler top.
2.      LGB fluid works well. No popping or spitting. It is rather expensive and difficult to locate.
3.      Seuthe fluid works as well as LGB fluid, but it is even more expensive than the LGB fluid.
4.      Mega Steam works well, I find the smell too strong for the train room. Cost, 2oz @ Trainland $4.99
5.      My personal best pick is CREST FLUID.
                   A.  It produces as much or more smoke, without spitting or popping, than the other above mentioned products
                   B.  The cost is much lower...4 oz. Bottle at trainland = $ 4.99
                   C.  I mix a few drops of Mega Steam into the Crest fluid for a nice lite aroma.
                   D.  I have gotten 15-20 minutes of smoke run time on one fill-up.

I like SMOKING Steamers, and this is what I get with Crest Smoke Fluid.

Keep on smoking...671