News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Undecorated 2-6-0 kit ?

Started by Kernow, November 02, 2013, 03:14:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kernow

Hi all

First of all a plea to keep this thread on topic.

I had previously posted a suggestion that Bachmann consider marketing an undecorated 2-6-0 in kit form.

What I would like to know is would anyone buy such a kit if Bachmann decided to market it ?

Please just state yes or no, and if yes how many you might buy.

mabloodhound

Yes, I would.   
I currently have a couple Backwoods Miniatures kits that require a Mogul to build on and a kit would fit the bill nicely instead of tearing apart a new engine.
Dave Mason

D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"In matters of style, swim with the current;
in matters of principle, stand like a rock."   Thos. Jefferson

The 2nd Amendment, America's 1st Homeland Security

Ken Attwood

Hey, that's a great idea!  Put me down for a couple initially!

Catt

I'll buy one to start if Bachmann does this. ;D

grandpops

A great idea - I would start with at least two kits and probably order many more over time.

As prices rise and incomes decline,  lower cost kits will inevitably be a welcome alternative. The reduced labor cost of assembly would be passed on to the buyer and Bachmann could still maintain their profit level, a win-win. So this might be the perfect time to start a line of On30 kits.

Walt

RickyRail

Add my vote for the kit! I would buy several to make my roster more rounded. I like having several locos with the same "Family" details.
I would think the retail price of such a kit would be at least 20%less than a RTR model.

tms3535

I would buy at least 1 of these proposed kits. I think this is a great idea and might be extended to their rolling stock line, for those of us that take them apart for kit-bashing and detailing work.

Ron Houghton

Sounds like a good idea to me, and would be prepared to go for two as a starter.

RogerB

Gets my vote, very versatile loco, would definitely buy one if price right

lvrr325

It would certainly make reworking one easier.  I actually bought one in part because someone took it all apart - by the looks of it he'd intended to bash it with a Mantua HO 2-6-6-2, but must have stopped when Bachmann released one. 

piglet

I would take two right now if I could get them.