News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

contollers

Started by tammi-1949, November 05, 2013, 09:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jward

13.23 va or volt amps. a volt amp is similar to a watt, it is voltage times current. at 12v the controller will be good for a little more than one amp. even with to-day's low current draw motors, that's a bit on the low side. to put it in perspective, some of the older locomotives you see at train shows will pull close to an amp each. the current locomotives usually pull less than 1/3 that. add in power for accessories such as lighting or switch motors and it's easy to overload a small controller.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

GG1onFordsDTandI

Quote from: tammi-1949 on November 12, 2013, 10:01:18 PM
ohms i understand well ,along with draw and current  got tech II 1400 ON WAY
thanx on it and waiting on new power pack
Let us know how this works out for you!

jbrock27

Good for you T49.  The T2 1400 is a good piece of equipment with a good reputation :)

PS-When the unit arrives, use your Fluke meter to test the values of the DC and AC outputs (screws) to make sure everything is up to snuff before you go ahead and set it up.
Keep Calm and Carry On

tammi-1949

thanx guys     cleaned track really well, made a big diffrence.    have 6 spurs each with dummy for effect w/light on.   bought a bunch of stuff on ebay and cut wires on motors to make dummies,  effect is great. 

GG1onFordsDTandI

I find running my trains as often as possible even for a short length of time keeps the track cleaner in a "dust free" manner. While longer sessions yield more electrical gunk, the contact areas stay cleaner of dust which eventually covers  the rail a bit needing heavier cleaning sooner. In a mildly dusty house, a minimum of 10 "laps" every three days on "old black roadbed-track" is what kept mine running smooth.

jward

one other thing makes a huge difference in keeping your track clean. don't allow people too smoke around the track. the vapour tends to condense on the rails, making a non conductive crud. not sure if this has anything to do with the magnetic fields around the rails attracting the smoke particles.

Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

tammi-1949

new tech II 1400 in, works well     have 3 other small power packs hooked for 3 grids of lighting    effect is great and am very happy.   thanx again for help ;D ;D

Doneldon

tammi-

It sounds like you are up and running. That's good to hear. Please
post a photo so we can see your handy work.
                                                                         -- D

GG1onFordsDTandI

(for best results please read in your best "Dr. Evil" voice)
Yes! We want a reward of.....one hundred million pictures. :D

But honestly, we like pictures.
You cant upload photos to here direct from your computer.
Start a free photobucket account, upload to PB, and then copy/paste the IMG code into your post.
Heres a link http://s1322.photobucket.com/
Have Fun!

tammi-1949

ooookk  start working on that   lol

jbrock27

Looks like fun and a lot of work put into it!
What are the dimensions?
How's the T2 1400 working?

Keep Calm and Carry On

tammi-1949

4 x 8 raised w/ 5 spurs    4 down into city one thru wall     runs 2 locos and 5 dummies w/lights at stops and spot light car very well

Doneldon

tammi-

You are a real go-getter. There's a huge amount of work in your layout
and a lot of time. And action. All I can say is, "WOW!"
                                                                                      -- D

Jerrys HO

Now that's utilizing every inch of space. Nice work of art.
Is that 22 cal.long shells in the hopper in the last pic?

Jerry