News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Acela HHP dcc ready

Started by rsudac, November 07, 2013, 09:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rsudac

My engine sits on the track and lights are on but train does not move just hums, hums louder when increase power.
Any ideas on what might be wrong?

richg

Quote from: rsudac on November 07, 2013, 09:18:12 PM
My engine sits on the track and lights are on but train does not move just hums, hums louder when increase power.
Any ideas on what might be wrong?

Right now, sounds like you are trying to run a Loco that is DCC ready with your DCC controller and the DC adapter is installed. No decoder in the loco yet.
According to the diagram page, the DCC ready comes with the six pin adapter in the eight pin socket.
That means the loco will run on DC or say, the EZ Command DCC controller.which can run one DC loco.
Go look at the diagram page and see the difference between the DCC ready and DCC on board.
Read the EZ Command decoder manual here in the Bachmann site.
Details would be nice.

Rich

rsudac

Rich,
You where right I was running on a NCE power cab and that is why train failed. changed to DC and she runs like a champ. sorry about the lack of info. I'm new to this and didn't want to be to wordy. hanks again for your time and help

richg

I have the Power Cab also and it does not run DC locos which you know now.
Don't be concerned about being to wordy. Many times, plenty of info helps solve a problem a lot sooner.
In some cases, a photo or two will help others understand a problem.

Rich