"Generic" Wishlist for 2015

Started by jpstrainyard, November 08, 2013, 05:54:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpstrainyard

JP of Acton MA, USA writes,

To all O Scale modelers -

This is the "Generic" Wishlist for 2014 / 2015.
Here, you can post anything you want, including suggestions for Bachmann / WBB, regarding products that you want to see produced.
"The sky is the limit" with this wish list. Keep in mind that I am not an employee of the Bachmann / WBB company, and I am not associated in any way with the Bachmann / WBB company, so comments and suggestions should be directed to "3 Rail" or "The Bachmann"
-JP
Sincerely: JP

cpkoltz2002

Bachmann has a HO SD40-2 in the new Canadian Pacific Golden Rodent livery.Maybe WBB could make one using the GP38 tooling,seeing they don't make SD40-2's and quit making SD45s.

phillyreading

How about a new style of caboose? The N5c is getting burned out in O gauge.
Even Bachmann H.O. has three styles of cabooses.

Lee F.

phillyreading

Quote from: cpkoltz2002 on November 08, 2013, 09:59:50 PM
Bachmann has a HO SD40-2 in the new Canadian Pacific Golden Rodent livery.Maybe WBB could make one using the GP38 tooling,seeing they don't make SD40-2's and quit making SD45s.

Have you looked at a GP-38 and an SD-40? The GP-38 has a two axle truck frame. The SD-40 uses a three axle truck frame.
The internal motors and circuit boards will match up but that is all.

Lee F.

cpkoltz2002

What I meant to say was just paint the locomotive shell in The Rodent livery.However,in the past I suggested WBB make SD90's and Dash 9's in the Canadian Pacific colors,but my requests fell on deaf ears.

phillyreading

The reason why Williams don't make a lot of fancy roadnames is that they don't sell that many to make any profit, same goes for unpainted; doesn't sell good.
You would do better to buy an engine at blowout prices and have it repainted for your favorite railroad.

Lee F.

3rail

Just because we have not made your favorite paint scheme does not mean we do not listen. We have made many items suggested by customers. There are thousands of items to model aan we can  only make a handful each year. If we hear the suggestion from multiple sources it is more likely to be produced.

Lee is correct about undecorated versions, but not about fancy paint schemes; we have produced many fancy paint schemes.

Regards,

3rail