News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

TMCC in Williams

Started by train72, November 09, 2013, 04:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

train72

Hello: I am changing my Williams Trainmaster engines to TMCC and want to know where do I connect the wire to the horn board to activate the horn from the TMCC
board ?
Thanks, Randy

GG1onFordsDTandI

I would think it depends on exactly which board, and if it was made for air whistle/ vibrating horn, or to trigger TMCC soundboards. Soundboards sometimes have a small speaker icon. A soundboard, or soundboard controller could be used to trigger mechanical sounds(horn/whistle/bell) with an opto isolator setup.   

train72

They are the boards I took out when changing over to TMCC, so they are Williams horn boards.
Literature from Electric Railroad shows how to hook up Lionel boards, but not Williams

GG1onFordsDTandI

Ah step one of the puzzle, I believe that horn board is activated by a 1.5 dc offset along a conventional ac line, and it needs about 3-7volts a.c. minimum constantly to operate.
You now need to also know how the new tmcc board would handle its normal horn board, or mechanical air sound. I believe tmcc used different boards for both styles of audio warning.
Sorry I don't have definite answers (patience someone might), but Im researching a bit for you. Following up on the info in the personal message I sent may yield more answers too.