News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Coke ad

Started by Jerrys HO, November 13, 2013, 04:54:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerrys HO

Saw this on another forum and thought others may enjoy it as much as I did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2mU6jVcv4w

Nicely done, better than the ridiculous commercials they have out there by some of the beer companies.

Jerry

GN.2-6-8-0

OUTSTANDING! Loved it ;D
With some of the absolutely assinine commercials on television these days this would be a pure breath of fresh air.
This needs to be broadcast nationwide by Coke.......
Rocky Lives

the Bach-man

rogertra

Nice commercial but has some technical issues.  For one, the engine appears to be displaying green classification signals, indicating it's a section.  If the classification signal are white, then it's an extra.  While either could be correct, the white signals would be more accurate in this case as it really would be an extra. I guess the production company thought it looked better with all the classification light illuminated.

GG1onFordsDTandI

Quote from: rogertra on November 14, 2013, 04:26:13 AM
Nice commercial but has some technical issues.  For one, the engine appears to be displaying green classification signals, indicating it's a section.  If the classification signal are white, then it's an extra.  While either could be correct, the white signals would be more accurate in this case as it really would be an extra. I guess the production company thought it looked better with all the classification light illuminated.

Or it was a section, and only this part was filmed  :-\.
Is it Shrodingers train till we see it  ???
Have a Coke and a smile! ;D....Ohh, Id like to teach the world to sing, in perfect harmon/In Perfect harmony... 8).

Woody Elmore

Mark Twain called golf, "a good walk ruined." This commercial is a good steam engine ruined. While it's nice to see the big berkshire in an ad, I was turned off by all the syrupy (get it!) smiles. More locomotive and fewer actors would be nice.

I am told that the special edition Cokes that the "conductor" is passing out is made with sugar rather than corn syrup. The younger folks out there never were able to enjoy Coke made with sugar and with more carbonation.

The conductor handing out cokes reminds of travelling down south by train as a kid. The SRy conductors used to distribute little four packs of cigarettes to riders. The cigarettes were imprinted with, "Thanks for riding on Southern Ry."

jbrock27

Ahh yes, those were the days....

I think I would rather have a COKE, even it was an ill fated NEW COKE.
Keep Calm and Carry On

Johnson Bar Jeff

Quote from: jbrock27 on November 14, 2013, 10:40:16 AM
Ahh yes, those were the days....

I think I would rather have a COKE, even it was an ill fated NEW COKE.

New Coke? No thanks, I'll  have a Dr. Pepper.  ;D

jbrock27

I would take a DR. PEPPER over a COKE as well.  I would also take a PEPSI over a COKE.  But what I was saying is I would take even a NEW COKE over a cigarette.
Keep Calm and Carry On

ebtnut

I might point out that the original Coke formula used cane sugar for the sweetener.  A good while back (probably decades, now) they switched to corn syrup because it was cheaper.  However, in certain parts of the country with sizeable Jewish populations, they bring out the original drink around the high holidays, since the corn syrup version isn't kosher. 

jbrock27

Keep Calm and Carry On

rustycoupler

Coke and a classic locomotive, it does not get any better than that, well done

Jerrys HO

QuoteCoke and a classic locomotive, it does not get any better than that, well done

rustycoupler, I agree. This post was not to see who could pick apart every detail on the loco,but to enjoy a commercial that has good taste and is relaxing to watch other than watching someone yelling mi&%er time with a pig trying to pick up girls or watching a fake silver bullet train roaming the snowy mountains.
And yes the original coke with the sugar ( not the drug) is available down here in the south. There are a few stores that carry it but the catch is that it is bottled in Mexico and the bottle is printed with Spanish instead of English.
I had a feeling that a few rivet counters were going to bash up the train not seeing the real beauty in the commercial.
How many viewers are going to notice the mistakes....very few.
How many viewers are going to see a beautiful steam engine..... a lot!!!!
Who knows it may put a spark back into the younger generation to play with trains again. ;)
It was a very heart warming ad done very tasteful by Coke. Thanks Coke for such a great commercial.

Jerry 

jbrock27

Indeed a very nice commercial. 

I, as you Jerry , don't care for COORS LIGHT or MILLER LIGHT and their respective commercials.
Keep Calm and Carry On

GG1onFordsDTandI

They took the corn out of the soda, and put it in the commercial :D
I wonder if fans of other  hobbies "rivet count" on theme commercials? I know the comic book crowd does, the BMX nuts, Wood Pushers(skateboard), Star Trekkies, Star Wars enthusiasts, Civil war buffs, Zombie War Apocalypse (advocates and nay-sayers alike), and of course, Big Foot hunters ....You bet your Sasquatch they do! ;D.     
I had almost quit drinking pop all together for years. With the recent "Sugar Rush" (back to sugar/no corn syrup).
I ended up trying them, and now drink an average of about two cans of sugar soda a day, various brands.  The sugar makes it, and I know what Im talking about, Im from Detroit. We know "Soda Pop", it was invented here(Vernors), and later, the name coined here(by Faygo). I really like M.Dew, but if its cola, Royal Crown. Yep, RC cola, but its not everywhere. Given my normal choices I would choose both P's..?... Perre Marquette #1225 and a "Pepsi Throwback"
I still like the commercial, and look forward to seeing it this holiday season. 8) Not a world peace encompassing sing along, but still cool. 8)