News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

70 Ton Climax

Started by Barney R, November 17, 2013, 01:08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney R

Hello Everyone- I am thinking about buying a Climax. Can anyone share their experience with the current model. Has anyone bought one without sound and then added sound? If so, did you have to replace the decoder or is there a sound module that can be added? Would I be better served just waiting and buying a sound equipped model? Any input would be appreciated.

Barney

Geared Steam

I have the three truck sound equipped climax, its going on 2 years old. Runs like a swiss watch, the sound is great on factory installed version.

Barney R

Thank You Geared Steam- It sounds like I need to get the factory installed sound.

WoundedBear

I'll echo everything Geared Steam just said about the 3 truck Climax. If you watch the major dealers, you can find one with sound for around 200 bucks.

Sid

richg

Quote from: WoundedBear on November 18, 2013, 01:05:01 PM
I'll echo everything Geared Steam just said about the 3 truck Climax. If you watch the major dealers, you can find one with sound for around 200 bucks.

Sid

I just looked at a couple places. $199 is a good price. Micro Mark for one. Check The Favorite Spot also. i have bought from both.

Rich

HDiedrichs

My climax works great in forward. Seems to lock slightly in reverse at low speeds. But its a cool engine!

Barney R

Well I just ordered one from Micro Mark. Thank you Rich for the lead. Do you know what it is like to look at the same web site and item five times in a day? Well I just ordered it. I will let you all know after it comes in. I got a 4-4-0 from Bachmann repair as a replacement for a 4-6-0 that was not repairable. What a nice running Locomotive this is. Thank you Bachmann trains.

Barney R

I received the 70 Ton Climax today and I only got to run it for about 20 minutes. It does run like a Swiss watch. What a great locomotive. It is exactly what I wanted. It is very detailed and the geared movement is fascinating to watch. Thanks again to all that responded.

Geared Steam

;D

Once you break it in it will run even better!  ;)