News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Check on repair

Started by SteveWard3928, November 18, 2013, 04:23:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveWard3928

Hi, I have a quick question......Is there a link on the Bachmann site......we can use to check  the status of a repair?

thanks, Steve
S&S

Gonna get blamed for it...you might as well do it!!

Loco Bill Canelos

No Steve, none that I am aware of.  You could try calling and asking to be transferred to the repair dept.   This is their heaviest season so they may be backlogged.

Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

kewatin

sir you can check the status of your repair if you have signed up for an account/ normally i send a request to them thru my account to service dept for a repair # they post it and you put that number along with your loco and send it to the service dept with the repair # and they will post when it was repaired or replaced and sent back to customer. like the previous poster said you can also phone  to inquire ,but again all this works more smoothly if you have a repair number. i have been doing it this way for past 4 yrs and it has worked well for me. also this is the start of the busy season for the service dept so patience is definately needed. hope this helps you resolving your problem.
regards &later KEWATIN

SteveWard3928

Quote from: kewatin on November 20, 2013, 03:07:29 PM
sir you can check the status of your repair if you have signed up for an account/ normally i send a request to them thru my account to service dept for a repair # they post it and you put that number along with your loco and send it to the service dept with the repair # and they will post when it was repaired or replaced and sent back to customer. like the previous poster said you can also phone  to inquire ,but again all this works more smoothly if you have a repair number. i have been doing it this way for past 4 yrs and it has worked well for me. also this is the start of the busy season for the service dept so patience is definately needed. hope this helps you resolving your problem.
regards &later KEWATIN

Thank you for the reply.  I sent my 4-6-0 in to have the front truck rewired on Friday Nov. 15 and today(Nov. 20) they called me to say it was done.  They chose replace the chassis and not mess with the rewire.  For $55 you can't beat it.  Counting the travel time via USPS, Bachmann only had my loco <48 HOURS!!!  Impressive!
S&S

Gonna get blamed for it...you might as well do it!!

Loco Bill Canelos

Have a great Christmas Steve!! 8)
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!