News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Banta Model Flat Car Kit

Started by canpac, November 13, 2013, 08:08:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

canpac

Has anyone installed the Banta Model flat car kit on any of your Bachmann On30 flat cars ? How realistic is it's appearance and would you recommend it ? Thanks

Catt

Which flat car kit are you refering to? ???

canpac

The 28 foot flat car  Standard issue by Bachmann, not the new 18 foot flat cares they just issued.

canpac

Make that 18 foot flat cars............ not cares. Sorry for the typo.

Steve Magee

If it is the peel off/stick on Banta wood decking, then peel off/stick on. Just notch it to clear the handbrake pawl.

Steve Magee
Newcastle NSW Aust.

the Bach-man

Dear All,
I have never been disappointed in any Banta kit!
Have fun!
the Bach-man

canpac

Thanks Steve and to the Bach Man.....Thanks for the reassurance. Looking forward to seeing that Whitcomb also.

ebtbob

Good Morning All,

I agree with Mr. B,  I have never been disappointed by my purchases from Banta.  But,  in regards to the wood decks for the Bachmann flat cars,  I would encourage the use of extra adhesive especially at the ends of the deck.   The adhesive that comes on the bottom of the deck is good,  but in every one that I have installed,  the ends start to peel up after a couple of months.   
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

canpac

Thank you to everyone who replied including the Bach Man. They are nice but you can also do some fairly realistic weathering on the wood like decks that come on Bachmann's flat cars. Going to try one of the Banta kits anyway.