News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Season 18

Started by seanrail, November 20, 2013, 06:34:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

therailwayinspector

There is a picture of CGI Duncan about somewhere - was in a magazine so not great quality.

EDIT: Found it!
http://th09.deviantart.net/fs70/200H/f/2014/165/4/f/cgi_duncan_by_jeremycrispo19-d7mcxs6.jpg
Steam, Diesel? It's All The Same.
Creator Of Thomas The Model Adventures

Chaz

Quote from: Chaz on April 08, 2014, 03:29:25 PM
Quote from: thomasj219 on April 08, 2014, 02:23:13 PM
Apparently the same guy who voices Oliver is voicing Donald and Douglas, and they are returning soon.

Knew it was only a matter of time before we would see those two.  They couldn't do Duck and Oliver and NOT bring Donald and Douglas back too.

Hope to see Stepney and Duncan next.

Quote from: therailwayinspector on July 13, 2014, 09:04:53 AM
There is a picture of CGI Duncan about somewhere - was in a magazine so not great quality.

EDIT: Found it!
http://th09.deviantart.net/fs70/200H/f/2014/165/4/f/cgi_duncan_by_jeremycrispo19-d7mcxs6.jpg

That takes one more off my list!  Hopefully Stepney will be the next character to return, then I'll pretty much be content.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

therailwayinspector

With Duncan, Oliver, Toad and Donald & Douglas returning this series, I dare say anyone else will be next series.

What are people's thoughts on the image of Duncan (from what they can see.)
Steam, Diesel? It's All The Same.
Creator Of Thomas The Model Adventures

thomasj219

I like it, I mean if anything he'll look more true to his basis. I would love for BoCo and Daisy to return. Or Duke.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

JLK2707

TrainFan97

I'm anxious for more season 18 news. :-\
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Fergusfan17

Quote from: TrainFan97 on July 21, 2014, 07:44:55 PM
I'm anxious for more season 18 news. :-\

No kidding...
And with roll along thomas shutting down, I am going to have to find my news elsewhere!  :o

DinoNTrains

When will Roll Along Thomas shut down?
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

Fergusfan17

DinoNTrains

Was there a given reason? I don't often look on that site

Chaz

I'm surprised there hasn't been discussion over the recent season 18 episodes that have been discovered.  Next week we will finally get an episode with Edward and Toby.  The following week will also show us two episodes starring James and Duck, and another episode on Thomas' branch line.  All of them sound interesting, I am particularly excited for Duck and the Slip Coaches, since the writing team clearly did their homework when it came to referencing the slip coaches from the Great Western Railway. 

http://ttte.wikia.com/wiki/Season_18

What is everyone elses thoughts on what has been revealed so far for season 18?

DinoNTrains

When were the titles released? Anyway, after reading their summaries, I'd say that they definitely have potential.

Chaz

Well hopefully after Old Reliable Edward aired today, I hope it sparks up discussion here too!  Here are my thoughts on the episode:
Wow. This is the first episode of the season and already I can tell it is going to be one of my favorites.  The fact that we are getting a GOOD Edward episode is a huge highlight for me, and we haven't had a good Edward episode in a long time, since the model era actually.  Considering how little he did in season 17, this was a nice breath of fresh air.
It was great seeing the rivalry we have witnessed between Gordon and Edward that we have not seen since the classic series.  Edwards branch line getting mentioned was a huge plus as well as Edward's reaction to Gordon getting stuck on the hill.
"Not again... And he thinks I'm unreliable... Honestly.."  When was the last time we had a quote like this one in the show?  It was brief and blunt and really worked to it's advantage.  The facial expressions from all the characters, particularly Thomas, were pretty funny and also kept me watching the episode.
After reading a few comments on YouTube, I can tell some people complained about the way how the switches worked in the episode.  Honestly, that part really didn't bother me.  It's a fault that's seen throughout the CGI series as a whole, as well as the model era on occasion so I guess you gotta go with what you're given on that one.
However if I had to point out one thing it would be the engines personalities being a bit too overboard in the episode, particularly Gordon.  It's a very similar fault I mentioned in Toad's Adventure where the characters became less engaging as the episode went on.  Even though you were not ideally supposed to be cheering Gordon on, I felt that the way that they portrayed his negativity was a bit over the top.  This can especially be said when he was contradicting himself with why he needed help on the hill earlier and denying that he actually needed the help later on.
Aside from that, this was a very entertaining episode, and I know that after the couple of times I have watched this episode I know it won't be the last, much like many of the episodes from this season and season 17.
9/10

JLK2707

I just loved everything about how Thomas went onto Gordon's line and how Thomas continued on slowing down until Gordon had to halt on Gordon's hill whilst Thomas puffed away! Lol!:)

DinoNTrains

Just got done watching Signals Crossed. And here's my analysis:

The Good:
Henrietta- Good to hear her speak after so long. (though I was able to hear it on the Trouble on the Tracks DVD)
Cameos- Kind of nice to see Stanley and Rosie, actually. They haven't been seen that much lately.
The Animation- Superb, as usual. (I do like the CGI Arc has made.)

The Bad:
Toby's Cowardice- I don't like how he acts like this in the newer episodes. This low self-esteem of his seems out of
character.

Overall:
Good episode, but I could have been a bit better, say, if a different engine were used. I don't know. I wouldn't know what to rate this, so I'll let you all decide.