News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Season 18

Started by seanrail, November 20, 2013, 06:34:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fergusfan17

Any thoughts on that other engine? The Columbian engine.
Right?

DinoNTrains

Does he have a name yet?
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

Fergusfan17

Idk..... Just Timothy is confirmed.

PasqualeCS96

I can't tell if that's a steam engine or a diesel, if it steam then that's an odd shape.

Fergusfan17

It is steam.... checked the cover.

Fergusfan17

Looks like Stepney is returning!!!

seanrail

Quote from: Fergusfan17 on January 04, 2014, 12:24:36 PM

Looks like Stepney is returning!!!
the article from the link http://rollalongthomas.blogspot.com/2014/01/stepney-returns-to-die-cast-with-take-n.html validates that fact as it says it comes with a CGI style face.

Chaz

Just because Take-n-Play is doing Stepney doesn't automatically mean that he is going to return.  We barely know anything about this new season as it is.  Not saying it's impossible, but I wouldn't count my eggs until they hatch on this one.  Especially since that range is doing a lot of random additions as it is like Class 40 and the Big City Engine.  

Links for both:
http://www.abgee.co.uk/productv3.aspx?ProdCode=900%20BCW99

http://www.abgee.co.uk/productv3.aspx?ProdCode=900%20BCW98
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

DinoNTrains

So Take-n-Play is making The Diesel and the Big City Engine? That's interesting.
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

therailwayinspector

Stepney I doubt would return just yet; he did have a cgi face in series 12 don't forget.
Steam, Diesel? It's All The Same.
Creator Of Thomas The Model Adventures

thomasj219

Wasn't aware engines like Class 40 were being made again. I have high hopes for Stepney returning and with this news now my hopes for the series itself are going even higher! Things are really looking up.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

TobyTheTram16

Stepney looks great so far.

Chaz

After seeing the new trailer I changed my thoughts on who is coming out soon slightly. 

If I could see anyone returning anytime soon, I can see the following (not all in one season):

Terence - I whole heartedly agree on Terence making a comeback.  I can see him being one of those old nostalgic characters who comes out of nowhere to make older fans happy, much like Duck was.

Trevor - They have his CGI model finished but haven't really given him a proper role, besides the brief cameo in season 15 and the intro on the show. 

Donald and Douglas - They brought Duck, Bill, Ben, and now Oliver back onto the show.  These two are bound to show up sooner or later.

Duncan - I can see the show going on without Freddie, Mighty Mac, and even Duke but they really can't keep doing narrow gauge without Duncan since he is very iconic to the NG railway.  Plus mentioning him in Don't Bother Victor like he was there was a tease.  ::)  I'm almost positive he'll make a comeback at some point. 

Stepney - Okay guys you got me on this one. :P  His model was sent from Drayton manor along with Harvey, plus his recent TNP model shows a new face almost feels like another inevitable return we will see in the show soon.  Especially with all of the other classic returns we've witnessed recently.

Murdoch - Murdoch remained fairly iconic in the season 7 era and made a few brief appearances throughout the model era following that.  I'd be interested in seeing how that would turn out.

Arthur - Somewhere along the same lines as Murdoch.  The only difference is that Arthur has made more appearances and roles than Murdoch has, along with being one of the few characters from season 7 to have some kind of development. 
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Zorran202

I'd prefer it if they had the oldies (like Donald and Douglas, Terence, BoCo, Duncan, Duke, etc.) return first since everyone wants those characters to return, after seeing Duck, Harvey, and Bill and Ben return! This ought to be interesting for sure!! :P

Rollin Mayham

As of Tonight which is 1-10-2014 I could honestly see Stanley coming back or don't tell me... You forgot About Stanley. Anyways I can see him coming back he has been used as a background train what do you guys think. I at least think he is going to make a small speaking part.