News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Season 18

Started by seanrail, November 20, 2013, 06:34:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThomasFan247

Take-N-Play is making Big City Engine...?

Well, maybe this means the lost episode "Gordon Goes Foreign" may not be lost after all...?

Chaz

To add to the Oliver hype, Take n play is also doing Toad now it looks like:

http://service.mattel.com/us/productDetail.aspx?prodno=BCW91&siteid=27

It looks like they're bringing back as many older characters as they are making new ones.  Hopefully we will see how Oliver and Toad will turn out by full appearance by the time season 18 airs.  Does anyone know exactly when we should expect episodes by?
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

therailwayinspector

I believe it'll be about Autumn (September/October) time, after TOTB has been released; I believe this is to combat the continuity mismatch experience with the recent series-special releases.
Time will tell.
Steam, Diesel? It's All The Same.
Creator Of Thomas The Model Adventures

Fergusfan17

Quote from: Chaz on January 12, 2014, 09:35:41 PM
To add to the Oliver hype, Take n play is also doing Toad now it looks like:

http://service.mattel.com/us/productDetail.aspx?prodno=BCW91&siteid=27

It looks like they're bringing back as many older characters as they are making new ones.  Hopefully we will see how Oliver and Toad will turn out by full appearance by the time season 18 airs.  Does anyone know exactly when we should expect episodes by?

Actually it seems that we may get them THIS June!

Sorry, couldn't fine the link, but a television programmer released a schedule. And season 18 was on it!...... ?

ThomasFan247

A quick Google search lead me to this: http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/Thomas_%26_Friends_-_Season_18

I don't know that the information is true, but I sure hope it is! :P

DinoNTrains

Personally, I wouldn't trust Scratchpad Wikia. A lot of it seems to be fan-fiction stuff/Thomas and Friends parodies...
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

therailwayinspector

So blatantly fake; some of those episode titles are just so painstakingly poor and/or modifications of previous series titles.

Shame
Shame on whoever thought those up... :P
Steam, Diesel? It's All The Same.
Creator Of Thomas The Model Adventures

PasqualeCS96

If it is true then Stepney is coming back! Surprised D&D weren't mentioned though if someone made this entire thing up.

Chaz

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on January 15, 2014, 12:47:31 PM
If it is true then Stepney is coming back! Surprised D&D weren't mentioned though.

Pretty sure the titles on the scratch wikia site are fake.  That site is usually filled with speculation from fans.  Don't believe me, look at their Bachmann page:

http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/Bachmann
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

JLK2707

I have extra episode suggestions:

The Missing Snowplough:

It is winter on the Island of Sodor and Thomas has lost his snow plough again and Sir Topham Hatt tells Thomas he cannot go out without it, but he then ignores him when he departs from Tidmouth Sheds without it. Thomas's first job for the day is to collect a train of tar wagons to bring to workmen who have run out. It is whilst he is pulling a train of tar wagons that he comes across a huge snowdrift. Thomas then tries to put on his brakes, but they fail and he then collides with the snow drift and gets stuck. His driver and fireman then go for help and Rocky is then brought by Edward to pull him out. Once Thomas is freed from the snow drift, he continues on with the tar wagons which he then delivers to the workmen who are repairing the road. Thomas is then scolded by Sir Topham Hatt for ignoring him, but is then forgiven when he is congratulated for delivering the tar wagons on time.

James And The Faulty Brakes

James is asked by Sir Topham Hatt to pull a line of flatbeds and then notices that the signal in front of him has just turned to red and then notices that Diesel has stopped in front of him pulling a train of tar wagons, James then tries to put on his brakes but it fails and he then hits the tar wagons which causes him to get covered in tar. Thomas is informed of James's accident and is ordered to get Rocky who helps clear away the tar wagons and then puts James on the rails again. When this is done, Thomas then shunts James back to the water tower so that he can be cleaned. Thomas is then rewarded with the chance to pull the royal train the next time it comes to Sodor.

The Queen Returns

After Thomas has been rewarded for helping James, the engines are then informed that the queen is returning to Sodor for a visit. The engines are then wondering who gets to pull the train, but it has been shown that Thomas is the one who was rewarded with the job which causes the other engines to become jealous and then start ignoring him. The queen then arrives and Thomas takes the royal train from Kellsthorpe station all the way to Knapford in order to show her the island once again from the last time that she was there.

James Goes Blue

James has been misbehaving once too many times and Sir Topham Hatt then orders him to go the Steamworks to be painted blue. This horrifies James and he then tries to get out of it, but he is then forced to go by being pushed there by Duck who finds it most difficult as James's brakes are hard on. Duck then has no choice but to couple up to James and then push him to the Steamworks where Victor and Kevin are waiting for him to arrive. It is here that James tries once again to get out of being painted blue, but fails yet again as Gordon, Henry and Duck block his way. James then groans and closes his eyes as the painter then paints him in his new blue livery. James then opens his eyes and he is horrified to be seen like that and refuses to do his work and moans about being painted blue. He then demands to be painted red again, which results in him being ignored as he refuses to accept his punishment and he is then forced to work for the rest of the day in his blue livery.

What are your opinions/comments on these episode suggestions?

seanrail

The missing snow plough I'm not sure because Thomas promises to wear his snow plough at all times now as mention in No Snow For Thomas, but the other three look like pretty good story candidates.

PaulGWR

I would personally like to see an episode that takes place on Edward's branchline, but I liked the ideas JlK2707

seanrail

I would like to see a story including Stephen and Bridget Hatt .

seanrail

New Thomas DVD from Walmart is showing some episodes for Season 18.

See link below.

http://rollalongthomas.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/troubleonthetracks-walmart-usdvd.html

Fergusfan17

Well.. looks like we're getting CULDEE as a returning character this season. A new Take-n-Play promo found on Youtube shows him with a CGI face and body on the corner.....
Yippee?

This season is such a mystery, I do not know what to think of it! Even season 17 gave us more hints before it was released than this season.