I have a dynamis system and connected to a Bachmann turntable

Started by jag8630, November 25, 2013, 04:12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jag8630

I have a #44926 decoder connected to my Bachmann turntable and having problems getting the turntable to work?? I set the accessory on the handheld address to A003/ 01/ 3 and which button do push to make the turntable to operate? The turntable would occasionally turn continually when I would turn on the track power?

richg

Found this in a search.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,20602.0.html

From a previous post I understand the power from the track has to come in on the fourth set of rails.

Why it occasionally turns with power from the rails, no idea.

The TT with a decoder is no different than a loco with a decoder. You have to select the proper decoder number that was programmed into it which is 3 when it is new. Did you program a number specific to the TT and not used by any loco?

Rich

jag8630

richg:  thanks for the reply, after trying everything I read online and in this forum I did not find the answer, but working on the problem I think I have solved the problem. I replaced the 8pin dummy plug with a Bachmann #44926 Decoder because the #44915 was not in stock and this is the alternate Decoder Bachmann suggested, the problem was that the #44926 does not have a flange to hold down the little button next to 8 pin socket so I placed a block to hold down the button and it works like a loco. now, and seems to work fine, this might help for others in the future.

richg

Quote from: jag8630 on November 26, 2013, 08:23:04 PM
richg:  thanks for the reply, after trying everything I read online and in this forum I did not find the answer, but working on the problem I think I have solved the problem. I replaced the 8pin dummy plug with a Bachmann #44926 Decoder because the #44915 was not in stock and this is the alternate Decoder Bachmann suggested, the problem was that the #44926 does not have a flange to hold down the little button next to 8 pin socket so I placed a block to hold down the button and it works like a loco. now, and seems to work fine, this might help for others in the future.

Very good trouble shooting.
I did not realize there is a push button switch involved. A photo would have been nice.

There is probably a manual somewhere but I have not found it yet.

I found a photo of each decoder and they look the same. Bachmann must use a generic photo. Did not see a tab on the proper photo.

Rich