backmann ho GS4 484 chassis w/drive wheel assy

Started by twoeagles, November 22, 2013, 06:32:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twoeagles

:-\ I have a backmann ho GS4 484 chassis w/drive wheel assy off my SP-WP 484 ho daylight sothern pacific,  the wheels kept sliding out of the chassis so i took it apart and found that the nylon tubes that connect the wheels togeather have split  andthe same on the drive geat for the wheels where can i get these tubes and new drive gear for the wheels there are 3 tubes and 1 gear with tube endes  i would buy another chassis for 30 dollers but i see they are out of stock and dont know when the will be back in stock? So can i get the little tubes and gear or what can i do  wanted it running for christmass any and all help would be appreciated
thanks,  twoeagles

Doneldon

2E-

Broken axles on Bachmann Northerns are fairly common. You can get parts from Northwest Short Line to effect repairs if you're comfortable making such extensive repairs or you can return the loco to Bachmann service. If you can verify purchase within the past year they'll fix the loco for free. If you can't, they'll fix it or, I think, $35 including return shipping. The cost used to be $25 but I think it has recently gone up. If you want to go the Bachmann service route, do it right away. They start to get overloaded about this time of year.
                                                                                                                                                              -- D

twoeagles

thanks so much for the help ill try northshort line do the have a web adress
thanks again