News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HELP! I need parts to restore a Shay

Started by oljonb, November 22, 2013, 11:26:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oljonb

I acquired an orphaned Shay that's in need of parts no longer available from the Bachmann parts department. It runs and sounds fine but needs:

Smokestack (I'd be glad for either a straight or diamond one)

Wood load and side and back boards

Front footboard and brackets

Sand hopper

Headlight and bracket, prefer the visored one, but will settle for another option.

Yes, I've been looking on eBay; no luck. If anyone can help or point me in the right direction or has a junker they'd like to sell, I'd really appreciate it. I have several other Shays and would really like to get this one back on the rails.

Thanks for any help you can provide with parts or suggestions.

Royce Wilson

Everything you have listed can be got from Precision scale models.Contact your LHS or go online for a catalog,they have a lot of very nice brass and plastic parts.

Royce

oljonb

Thanks, Royce, I had assumed the parts I need would need to be keyed to the fittings on the Shay and thus be required to be Bachmann parts. I'll head to PCM and see what comes up.

BUT, if someone can help me with original Bachmann parts, I'd still prefer to go that way.

Biglars

Jon,
I sent you an email, I have some of the parts you are after.

oljonb

My grateful thanks to Biglars for finding the pieces I needed for my Shay in his parts box. Bachmann's message board is, indeed, a gift to us modelers!