News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann Turnout controller #7563

Started by blackcaddis, November 23, 2013, 11:52:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackcaddis

Hi,
I have a pair of the Bachmann #7563 turnout controllers but don't know how to connect them to my HO setup.

Any and all help appreciated
Thanks.

the Bach-man

Dear BC,
Look at your controllers. On the side are two contacts. These are connected to the AC terminals on your power pack.
Now gang all your controllers together. Each one has three contacts at the top. These are connected to each individual switch. That's all there is to it!
Have fun!
the Bach-man

blackcaddis

Dear Bach Man,
Thanks for response. I  understand how to connect the controller, however when I look at the three contacts on the bottom of the controller they are hollow (i.e. no threads or clips) to connect a wire. Also the contact points on the side are simply two pieces of metal protruding from the controller with no feature ( i.e. clip) for connecting a wire from the power supply.
Am I missing something?  Physically or mentally?

thanks again.
Sean

Jerrys HO

Sean
Sounds like your missing the red power cord that hooks to the two metal prongs coming out the side of the controller. See link...

http://shop.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=2515

and the turnout should have a green cord (three tiny wires with plug on the end) to plug into the bottom of the controller. This is part of the turnout not separate Maybe your plug was cut off if this was a used turnout that you purchased. If that is the case go to your local electronics store see if they have a plug end to match or small enough spade connectors to attach individually or buy the extension cable made by bachmann and splice together.

http://shop.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=2544

Jerry

blackcaddis

Jerry,
You solved my problem. It was physical (missing product) not mental.
Thanks,
Sean