News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Sound Problems with R/C Climax

Started by rrcycle, November 26, 2013, 01:25:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrcycle

I have a unique problem with the sound of my Bachmann climax. This is the older version. I recently had a CVP G3 decoder with an external antenna and a Phoenix sound card P8 installed in my climax. It has a Cordless Renovations lithium-ion 14.8V, 2800 amp battery pack installed in its boiler. I also replaced the original rear shaft with the newer "slip" shaft. After lubing it for the first time, by removing as much of the original white grease I could, and applying LGB 51020 grease and LGB 50019 oil according to the instructions provided, there were obvious mechanical problems with the front truck wheels and side pistons not moving at lower speeds and needing a nudge at higher speeds to start moving.  This problem has mostly corrected itself by running the engine on rollers for about six hours, the mechanism appears to be freeing up.

But sound is the big problem. The engine makes all the right sounds when the tender switch is turned on but signal range is extremely limited for sound commands keyed by my CVP T-9000 throttle. I can not activate the sounds from the front of my engine, nor when I am more than 3 feet away regardless of position to the sides or behind the engine. Changing the position of the external antenna does not help. Commands to run the engine do not seem to have these same range limitations. I have talked to my installer but at this moment he is puzzled. We will get together after Thanksgiving and try to work this problem out. But until then does anyone on this forum know what is causing this problem and possible solutions? I replaced the batteries with new ones in the T-9000 without any effect.

My R/C Bachmann shay with an earlier installation of a CVP G2 decoder and P5 board has no sound problems.

Jim