News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Ho Princess Deneli train set

Started by wmlilly, November 27, 2013, 10:22:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wmlilly

I just bought the train set (with which, I have no experience or knowledge) and in trying to connect  the cars, some of the couplers closed. I have no idea (and there is nothing in the accompanying information)about how to open the couplers; so I can couple the cars.

I would appreciate information about how to open the couplers.

Hunt

The following two videos contain information about the type couplers used in the Bachmann HO Princess Denali Express train set and how they are used.

Click Here to view  first video.

Click Here to view second video.

wmlilly

Thanks for the information, but unfortunately, they did not give information about how to open the the closed couplers that are not connecting two cars.

Hunt

The only reason to open magnetic knuckle type couplers is to uncouple them.  They couple without having to preopen them. View the video for the proper method to couple cars.

When not using a magnet, a magnetic knuckle type coupler can be momentarily opened by lateral pressure with your finger or other object on the magnetic knuckle coupler's trip pin or coupler head.  However, when pressure is removed the coupler returns to its coupled (closed) position. It does not stay open unless it is broken.

Doneldon

wm-

You may be recalling some old Lionel trains which needed their couplers open in order to couple.

-- D