News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Operation problem

Started by duane harm, November 30, 2013, 12:42:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbrock27

As Mr. Ward touched on, currently made locomotives are so much better, I recommend Brax that you invest in a new loco instead of getting the busted one worked on.
Keep Calm and Carry On

Braxtonfirefighter

My question now Is can I use orings as grip or do I have to order something special

jbrock27

Sorry Brax, I figured by now, someone whose had more dealings with traction tire locos would have answered your question.  I do not know the answer and am actually grateful I only ever had 1 traction tire loco.  Thankfully, from my point of view, it went into the trash, a long time ago.
My opinion, as expressed above, is to not spend the money on new tires but instead put the money toward a new loco that does not use them.  I think you will be better off and happier, in the long run.  Tis the season, so maybe, consider it a present to yourself :D
Keep Calm and Carry On

Quentin

Braxton,
I have found another solution to this problem, even though you found one (about 7 years ago! :D). I have an F9 loco like yours, and mine was doing the exact same thing, although it had barely been used. When I unscrewed the decorative cover off and cranked the power up, I found that one of the connector pieces from the engine to the drive wheels had come apart. When I put this back together (with a lot of trial and error!!), the loco worked like a charm. I know this response is several years late, but I've only had the loco for 4 years.

Keep on railroadin'!!
-Quentin
We're...
A...
GREAT BIG ROLLIN RAILROAD, one that EVERYBODY KNOWS