News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Gp40 lights too dim

Started by Gone loco, November 30, 2013, 11:15:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NarrowMinded

Jward,
Go to the link you provided, go to page 7 read "constant dim" specs, it includes the settings for intensity and covers what I said about Led vs. Incandescent.

NM-Jeff

AGSB

Quote from: jward on December 02, 2013, 08:11:44 PM
I don't think you can control the brightness in any dcc decoders functions. the Bachmann decoders supplied in your gp40 are very basic, stripped down decoders. anything as sophisticated as user defined brightness would not be supported by these decoders.

your best bet would be to replace the led headlights with something brighter.

The Bachmann decoders do allow varying the intensity of the dimming function.

CV 52 controls this. A value of 0= off -> 255= full brightness.
reference: http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/ez_content/1_Amp_Decoder_Instr.pdf

Jerrys HO

Quote from: AGSB on December 05, 2013, 04:46:56 PM
Quote from: jward on December 02, 2013, 08:11:44 PM
I don't think you can control the brightness in any dcc decoders functions. the Bachmann decoders supplied in your gp40 are very basic, stripped down decoders. anything as sophisticated as user defined brightness would not be supported by these decoders.

your best bet would be to replace the led headlights with something brighter.

The Bachmann decoders do allow varying the intensity of the dimming function.

CV 52 controls this. A value of 0= off -> 255= full brightness.
reference: http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/ez_content/1_Amp_Decoder_Instr.pdf

I was reading that but since I don't have the capabilities to adjust cv's yet thought it would be best to keep quiet. :o ;D

Jerry

jward

adjusting the intensity of the dimming function is not the same as adjusting the overall brightness of the headlight. all it does is make the dim setting a little brighter. it does nothing for the bright setting.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA