News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Info needed on 2-6-6-2

Started by darryl1936, December 03, 2013, 12:48:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darryl1936

Hi

I picked up a second hand 2-6-6-2 with factory DCC, factory sound and need to know if three different smoke stacks came with this loco? Also was it suppose to have a manual and some paperwork for the sound system?

Cheers TOF in Oregon

Stevelewis

Hi  from  Wales!

Yes the  2-6-6-2  should  have  3 stacks     a straight  one,  an  onion shaped  one and  another  one  which is  a bit  like   the  2nd  one  but   I have no idea  what  you  would  call it  over  there.

There  should  have  been a  disc  with  the  loco which contains all you will need to know  re  the  sound  and  other  digital settings  ( and  there   are  quite  a  few!) but  you  may be  able to  get  the  info online  from Tsunami,  they  have  been  helpful in the  past  when  I  have  asked  them  for  info.

Hope  this  helps
STEVE LEWIS   North  WALES   UK

Close  to  the  Great  Little  Trains  Of Wales!!

richg

Quote from: darryl1936 on December 03, 2013, 12:48:15 AM
Hi

I picked up a second hand 2-6-6-2 with factory DCC, factory sound and need to know if three different smoke stacks came with this loco? Also was it suppose to have a manual and some paperwork for the sound system?

Cheers TOF in Oregon

Look int he Parts and Service page. Documentation is there. Quite a few new people come in here and never look at all the links.
I did not see any parts for this loco in the Parts section but might have missed them.

"Maybe" ebay.

You might get a few results, ideas with a Google search for, locomotive smoke stack On30

Rich

darryl1936

Thanks fellows. 

I all most knew there was suppose to be three stacks and I sorta figured there had to be some paperwork or CD but the seller said no.  The price was right and it does run and work as it should.  Sure like the sound......

Cheers, TOF in Oregon