News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Whitcomb Diesel Locos, delivery date??

Started by Stevelewis, November 07, 2013, 06:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevelewis

I notice  in the  Bachmann Online  store  section  the  expected  delivery date  for  the   Whitcomb Diesel Locos  is quoted  as  being  31st january 2014.
STEVE LEWIS   North  WALES   UK

Close  to  the  Great  Little  Trains  Of Wales!!

ScottyB

I saw them at Trainfest in Milwaukee today and they are significantly larger than I expected them to be. Big, heavy, real nice. The catalog image had me doubting I would acquire one, but after seeing them in person, I think it's a definite yes. Not sure it will fit in with my layout theme, but it was a real nice model.

Unfortunately, when I took out my camera for a photo, my SD card was missing. My wife later apologized for forgetting to replace it. So no Trainfest photos.

I do not recall the exact release date listed, but it was within the next few months.

Scott
On30 for me, N scale for my son.

Stevelewis

'Yardnaster'  quoted  the  size  as  being 7.5" Long x 2" wide  x 3.25" high  on the  other  thread,

A Bachmann 0n30  passenger  car   is 9" x 2" x 3"high, excluding the  chimney

so the  Whitcomb is a little  shorter  than  a passenger  car  but  around  the  same  width & height.

Stevelewis

My retailer here   in  the  UK,  Tower-Models.com,  advised me  that   the  Whitcomb diesel is   expected  before  Christmas, it  is  still showing on  Bachmann Europe  website  as  Nov/Dec delivery.

If I recall some  items  have  arrived  here  before the USA  recently (2-4-4-2  and  the  Heisler)

Royce Wilson

lvrr325

Is the peaked cab roof actual production?

Looked at a ton of photos and saw none that had a peaked roof.