News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

engine lights

Started by rabbibgr, December 11, 2013, 06:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rabbibgr

I recently set up a bachmann DCC kit with two Diesel engines. I think the lights may have worked at first, they do not work now, any suggestions

richg

Quote from: rabbibgr on December 11, 2013, 06:40:44 PM
I recently set up a bachmann DCC kit with two Diesel engines. I think the lights may have worked at first, they do not work now, any suggestions

Need more info.

Which locos?

What is a bachmann DCC kit?

You think or know for sure the lights worked?

I have to assume the locos moved but that is only a guess.

What DCC controller are you using?

Rich

utdave

im thinking he bought the train set  with the ez controller.   

rabbibgr

I'm new to the forum and HO railroading so I apologize  for not giving enough info. I would like to thank you. though, for the quick reply.
The set I purchased was the DLx HO.  BAC 00501. It has the ez command control system and two engines. a Santa Fe GP 40 and an FT=A diesel. Both run, but without lights, and the FT-A is very noisy, a grinding sound, sort of like a continuous horn Hope you can help.
Should I disconnect the EZ Commander when not in use even for a short time, there is no on/off switch

bapguy

Some Bachmann loco's are noisy. Run the loco on a loop of track for about 15 minutes or so at a slow speed. Then increase the speed to half for the same length of time. Then run at full speed. Reverse the direction of the loco and repeat the procedure. This should help quiet down the loco. Also, make sure F0 on the controller is pressed on.  You can unplug the unit when not in use.  Joe

Jerrys HO

rabbi,
Have you tried turning the lights on. You may have accidentally turned them off.
Select the loco,hit the function key,press the 0 key.
The FT-A unit may quiet down a little after running it awhile.

Jerry

Hunt

rabbibgr ,

The E-Z Command Control Center (controller) F10 button (key) turns the locomotive lights on and off.  Refer to FUNCTION MODE on page 6 of the E-Z Command Setup and Programming Instructions. The F10 button activates the decoder's Function zero (F0). The DCC decoder is in the locomotive.

Click Here for PDF of the E-Z Command Setup and Programming Instructions.

Best to disconnect the E-Z Command Control Center when not in use. Plug the Wall Pack Power Supply into a surge protractor with an on/off switch.

rabbibgr

Thanks for the help, I got the lights working as per your instructions, The ft-a loco is still very noisy, running as suggested did not seem to quiet it down

Jerrys HO

rabbi,
Glad it worked for you. I noticed I forgot to put the 1 in front of the 0 to make it 10.
I suck at math ;D.
Sometimes the shell of the FT's can produce a vibrating sound or just the noisiness of the low grade decoders. You could try removing the shell to see if the noise goes away and if it doesn't try upgrading the decoder.

Jerry