News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Instructions

Started by Denny7, December 07, 2013, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denny7

Where can I find instructions and directions for a GG 4912 & a GG4910. These are the numbers on the Loco.

Joe Satnik

Dear Denny,

How long are your locos? (in inches)

Do you know what scale or gauge they are?

Any markings on the bottom?

Do you know how to upload a picture to a photo hosting website, such as Photobucket, and post a link to it here?

Any more info on the box or boxes?

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik

Edit:  Add auction links for 4912 and  4910:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Model-Railroads-Trains-/479/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=gg+4912

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=%234910&_osacat=479&_from=R40&LH_Complete=1&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR8.TRC0.A0.X4910&_nkw=4910&_sacat=479
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

azhuntnfish

I have a #90023 White Christmas train I got from my father when he passed away this past July. Since it was in a fairly large box I took all items out, put them in a storage tub and just retrieved the train set to put around my christmas tree. All the track is put together, the electrical terminal kit is attached to the track (I believe this is correct) the plug in terminal wire is assembled to the power pack and when I plug in the power pack you can here a click noise but I can't get power to run the train. I have the plastic bag that has everything but the instruction manual in it. Any idea how I can get an owners manual for this train or perhaps where I may have gone wrong in assembly? Thanks for any help you can impart!!

Hunt

azhuntnfish,

The following instructions available online but the equipment in an older train set maybe different.

Click Here for PDF of the Big Haulers General Assembly Instructions
Be sure the front wheels are oriented in the correct direction. See page 7, figure 9.

Click Here for video lubrication instructions.

azhuntnfish

Thanks so much for the link. I went through and made sure all of the track pieces were put together correctly then attached the power connector to the track, plugged in the power pack but still the train does not move. I did ensure that the front wheels were orientated correctly as you mentioned as well. The power pack will make a clicking sound (just once though) when you move the handle. The box is black with the 2 wire connectors and a red folding handle. Not sure if the handle has to be in a particular position. The owners manual shows a different power pack than the one I have. Is it possible to get a newer power pack for my particular train?

azhuntnfish

Aha!!! I got it to run!! Seems I had the contact points on the electric terminal placed incorrectly. Now my only problem is one of the metal contact points broke off. Is there a replacement I can get for it? Happy to have this train running for my dad this Christmas. I am sure he will see it from heaven and approve!!  ;)

Joe Satnik

Dear AZ,

Do you mean that one of these broke off? (Forked spade terminal)

If so, you should be able to find them at any hardware store, auto parts store or Wal-mart in the automotive section.

Strip the wire back a quarter inch, insert and squeeze with crimper tool.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik   
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

jbrock27

These kinds of connectors as well as the crimping tool to crimp them, can also be found at places like Radio Shack, Home Depot, Lowe's and Harbor Freight.
Keep Calm and Carry On

Hunt

Bachmann Large Scale Track Power Terminal Clip

Click Here to order Track Power Terminal Clip from Bachmann estore.

There are other types and brands track power terminal connectors that will work just as well. Visit your local model train store or search on line. Soldering power wire to outside of each rail is also an option used by many.