News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Santa's starting to worry...

Started by sodorlad, December 08, 2013, 02:49:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sodorlad

Is large scale Toby coming out before Christmas?

Otherwise Santa wants to know what I want instead. The elves must be having difficulties this year.

Thanks
Botheration...

Chaz

Last I checked, the large scale Toby is due at some point before Christmas, so it shouldn't be too much longer now.  Towerhobbies says Mid-December and wholesaletrains says the 20th of December.  So just about barely making it before Christmas according to those two.  I wouldn't be too worried about Toby, or the rolling stock for that matter since they've been on display in public shows along with large scale products generally making it on time before the holidays.

HO on the other hand I'm more concerned about as all of the products (apart from the Christmas set) are all due to come out at some point next year.  This really does surprise me as based on said designs of models (apart from the unknown Troublesome Truck #4 design), all seem relatively simple for Bachmann to make.  It's especially questioning when there are no photos of any of the new products this year either.  
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

sodorlad

Yes it's odd from a business perspective that a line directed at children isn't a priority for completion by the Christmas period.

I know last year here in the UK Emily arrived last minute and my local store did nothing but ship them out until mail deadline. There's still hope...

It would just be nice to have something I really want rather than a wagon and the money for when he's here (which chances are I'll end up wasting on something else!)

Anyway thanks Chaz, hope you're well and have a great Christmas!
Botheration...

aspoz

Trainworld have just advised me that they have shipped mine, which has been on backorder.  I suspect the chances of it making it to Australia before Christmas are zero, but it should be a nice mid January present I suppose.  But then again, US Mail and Australia Post might surprise me yet!

Steve

shining time

long live the GWR, LNER, and the narrow gauge railways

theriddell888

shining time

Yeah for $192.75 at the train show in my area guy had all of the thomas stuff

DinoNTrains

Very nice! Even though I don't collect LS Thomas trains, I'm very impressed with LS Toby :)
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

shining time

I was to and surprised they even had him

Chaz

That Toby model is just reminding me of how awesome it would be to have a garden railroad of my own.  I know I've said this once, but the Toby model looks great!  Definitely one of the best models in the large scale line.  Hopefully we'll see Henrietta in the near future for Toby.  Wholesaletrains.com should also have him for less than 200 dollars if anyone would like to order one as he was due to come in just yesterday. :)
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

GWR83

Here's my remake of  "Toby and the Flood"  using Large Scale Toby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RysKEPHbayE

thomasj219

All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

seanrail

Quote from: GWR83 on January 07, 2014, 12:01:35 PM
Here's my remake of  "Toby and the Flood"  using Large Scale Toby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RysKEPHbayE
nice remake GWR83. One question; is the large scale Toby's wheels move by two gears, one on the first wheel set and the other on the third wheel set like the HO version or are all 6 wheels are connected by a side road like The H company's version of Toby?

GWR83

Thanks and yes, the wheels move by two gears, one on the first wheel set and the other on the third wheel set  just like the HO version.

sodorlad

Botheration...