News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

how to add a smoke unit

Started by nash man, December 10, 2013, 11:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nash man

i purchased a bachmann 0-6-0 engine that didnt have a smoke unit installed
after buying the engine i noticed the same engine was available with a smoke unit

i purchased a model power smoke generator no 11
the directions say to hook black wire to headlight and light colored wire to reversing switch?
my smoke generator has two wires that are both black and the motor unit is sealed up with only two
tabs sticking out the back with springs to make contact with the chassis

some one please explain to me how to properly hook up this unit in my loco...thanks in advance

rogertra

Best advice.  Don't do it.

It will make a mess on your track and it doesn't look realistic.

rbryce1

I agree! Don't do it.  The smoke generator doesn't produce "Smoke", it heats oil until it turns into smoke.  The trouble is, after the smoke cools, it returns to an oil residue and settles on everything, walls, scenery, televisions, radios, electronics and track.  This oil film then collects and holds dirt like a magnet.  If you only use it once or twice a year to impress a child on rare occasions, that's one thing, but you won't!  Sure, the retail stores will tell you they don't have these problems, but they don't run smoke hardly at all, only to show a customer it works, and their store is much larger than the room in your home.

Again, don't do it!

richg

I would have to agree. I did post a link here a few weeks ago on how to do this but The Powers That Be pulled the link. Just as well as I had second thoughts on it and was going to delete it myself.

Rich

Hunt

If you want smoke, since this is the Bachmann Trains website look at Bachmann product.  ;D

Smoke Unit –  Click Here

Click Here to view smoke unit set in  Bachmann HO 0-6-0 locomotive in part of a lubrication instruction video