Mr. Bachmann - Comparison photo please 4-4-0/2-6-0

Started by ksivils, September 18, 2007, 08:31:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ksivils

Mr. Bachmann,

Would it be possible to post a clear photo of the 2-6-0 with the new 4-4-0 to allow modelers to get a feel for the exact size of the upcoming 4-4-0?

Thanks.

Kevin

the Bach-man

Dear Kevin,
I'll see what I can do.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

kendoitall

Quote from: ksivils on September 18, 2007, 08:31:20 PM
Mr. Bachmann,

Would it be possible to post a clear photo of the 2-6-0 with the new 4-4-0 to allow modelers to get a feel for the exact size of the upcoming 4-4-0?

Thanks.

Kevin

Great idea, Kevin!
Ken
Standards? STANDARDS? We don't need no stinking standards!

BIG BEAR

B-Man,

Please, Inquiring minds want to know.

Thank-you very much, for going the extra mile for us.
    Just one of your fans,
                Barry
Barry,

...all the Live long day... If she'd let me.

Jim Goodridge

Mr. B, If you happen to be taking pictures, could you also take one with the 4-4-0 and a combine and coach?  I am curious to see what it looks like with the passenger cars.  I am a little concerned that it would be dwarfed by, say, a five car passenger train.  If there are no pictures available a considered opinion would do.  I wasn't planning on getting one as it is a little on the light side for my needs (a 2-6-2 or 2-8-2 or 4-6-0 would be nice), but from the pictures it looks like such a neat locomotive that I might be able to make an exception.
Best Regards
Jim Goodridge

the Bach-man

Dear Jim,
I'll try to take the photos tomorrow, and I'll add the cars. Grandchild #4 is due at any moment, so I may not be around...
Have fun!
the Bach-man

br549

An early congratulations on #4 grandchild Bach-Mann!  I have 3 grandsons and Grandpa  ;D has introduced them to trains , And brother do I have them hooked! ( Future customers for you  ;)

the Bach-man

Dear BR,
Stayed up 'til 2:00, gave up and went to bed, and the call came at 3:00. We've had the other two siblings since then. Noah Christopher arrived at 12:35PM, and all is well. No time for photos, however, and I'm fading fast...
Thanks!
the Bach-man
PS- Already has his first train set- Gordon's Express!

Hamish K

Congratulations Bach Man!

Good to hear that the future of model railroading is assured!

The great thing about grandchildren is that it is your duty to spoil them rotten and that you can love them - and then hand them back.

Hamish

Dusten Barefoot

Hamish that was funny yet cruel. The only "hand them back" I got was the back of my papa's hand if I didn't walk a strait line. Congrat's B-mann.  You should have started them out by taking them to a real working steam railroad. That is what got me hooked back when I was 3, and Bachmann items was all my parents would buy me when I was young. Look at me now, I am a loyal customer of bachmann. Would like to see a Tweetsie 10-wheeler though.

Rock On & Live Strong, especially you Bachmann.
Dusten Barefoot
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

br549

[move]  ;) ;DCongratulations Bach-mann!!! :D ;D[/move]
Happy Birthday to the new born Noah Cristopher

Royce Wilson

I use to have train pictures on the wall of my hobby room ,now it is occupied by my grand children pictures. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
                                                                   Royce

the Bach-man

Dear All,
I will be home by the end of the week, and I'll try to get those pictures for you all.
Thanks!
the Bach-man

Ned

Congratulations and so good to hear all are well.

We have 9 grandchildren with number 10 due early next year. The wonder is always there when the child arrives.

Ned

BIG BEAR

Hey B-Man,

Congrats on your 4th "GRAMPS" Tank car.

Hee Hee,

Enjoy,
                     Barry
Barry,

...all the Live long day... If she'd let me.