Mr. Bachmann - Comparison photo please 4-4-0/2-6-0

Started by ksivils, September 18, 2007, 08:31:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C.P.R.R. Manager

Any progress on the comparison photos?  That Russian Iron Boiler version looks really nice...

Royce Wilson

I think a lot of folks are waiting on the Russian iron version.
                                                                Royce ;)

heintz

scottychaos

what russian iron version??  ???
If you are talking about the first album on the photos page, thats the Large Scale 4-4-0, not the On30 4-4-0..totally different engines.

I dont believe there has been a photo posted of the On30 engine with a russian iron boiler.

and speaking of the Large Scale 4-4-0 and its boiler..
bachmann..come on..we have all been over this a million zillion times..
russian... iron.... was.... not...not...not... blue
Its really been very firmly established..the blue myth is dead and has been for many years now..

Scot

C.P.R.R. Manager

Over on the On30 Conspiracy at Yahoo Groups, there is a folder in the Photos section that shows some paint samples of the 4-4-0 at some sort of convention.  The Photos folder is NMK-01, and all I can tell is that they were shot by "Engineer Nate."

Color arguments aside, the paint schemes look really nice, and I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product.

scottychaos

Quote from: C.P.R.R. Manager on October 18, 2007, 04:59:27 AM
Over on the On30 Conspiracy at Yahoo Groups, there is a folder in the Photos section that shows some paint samples of the 4-4-0 at some sort of convention.  The Photos folder is NMK-01, and all I can tell is that they were shot by "Engineer Nate."

Color arguments aside, the paint schemes look really nice, and I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product.

thanks CP!
here is a direct link to that folder:

http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/On30conspiracy/photos/browse/3bdd?m=l

(you might have to be a member of the On30 group to access it, not sure.)

there is no photo of a Russia Iron version in that folder though..

Scot

C.P.R.R. Manager

Thanks Scotty, that's it.  I thought that photo #3 showed the "russian iron" version, but it's hard to judge color in photos like these.  The photos are a great help, but the lighting in the room was pretty poor.  Hopefully we can get some photos from Chicago, and see what these look like on their wheels.

CP

scottychaos

Quote from: C.P.R.R. Manager on October 18, 2007, 11:59:32 AM
Thanks Scotty, that's it.  I thought that photo #3 showed the "russian iron" version, but it's hard to judge color in photos like these.  The photos are a great help, but the lighting in the room was pretty poor.  Hopefully we can get some photos from Chicago, and see what these look like on their wheels.

CP

yeah, its hard to judge from those photos, but if you compare the color of the boiler to the color of the cab and domes, its exactly the same..(black)
so its not Russia Iron, its gloss black with brass bands..still looks great!

Scot

Ken

Googled "Russian Iron" and as it is a manufactoring process not a color,  resultant color can range from Grey-Black to Blue, dependant on ore used
for the manufactor.   Also called "Stove Pipe Iron".
Suggested paint Floquil Gun Metal.

Ken
    GWN

Royce Wilson

I believe where the blue comes in is where the boiler jacket is reflecting the blue sky.............Royce ;D