News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

To Much Smoke...........?

Started by dbdan, December 14, 2013, 07:40:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbdan

I set the train set up but wanted it to smoke. I guess I added to much of the smoke fuel. As the train was going around the track is started to make a strange high pitch grinding sound........? and got worse. Now it sounds like the gears are spinning very fast and the train it making a terrible sound.

Does any one happen to know what in the world I did to this train.............?

Oh yes... and is it fixable?

Thanks for your help.

Dan

Chuck N

Before anyone can really help you, we need some answers.  What is the train set, name and set number?  There are many different sets and engines out there of various ages.  With the name and number someone should be able to tell you which version of the engine you have and how to go about fixing it.  Some of the older versions of the 4-6-0 had  a weak gear on the axle that was prone to cracking and slipping. 

Returning the engine to Bachmann for warranty repairs is an option.  If it is the gear, that can be ordered and you can do the fix.

Chuck

dbdan

Thank you Chuck.......

If this helps,
The engine is black & yellow with 177 on the side of it, the coal car is yellow and it is a "Big Hauler"

thanks,

Dan

Chuck N

My guess I that it is Denver & Rio Grande locomotive.  Someone might to be able to go from that and tell you if it is a motor block version, 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5.  Bachmann sells replacement motor blocks for these.  Some are $30 and some are $50.  Chuck

Is there any number on the box?

dbdan

I couldn't see any numbers on the box, but is a Silverton Flyer"

Dan

veetwelve

Hi Dan,

If that's the #90025 Silverton Flyer, you're in luck!  Bachmann still has some of the chassis for that model on sale for only $30.  I'm not sure if it's an internet-only deal, but here's the link:

http://estore.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=66_69_148&products_id=4095

Good luck!
Jay

Chuck N

Dan

Jay's response is why I ask for more information.  It is far better and easier in the long run to give far more information to get your question answered, than to have us keep asking questions.

Chuck