Bachmann EZ Command 16v AC power pack problem ... I think

Started by nicktuk159, December 15, 2013, 05:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nicktuk159

Being somewhat of a 'dinosaur' I have come rather late to DCC and, having acquired two-thirds of a DCC layout, I slowly began acquiring items suitable to run on it and now, after ten months, I've finally reached the point where I am ready to power up the track and commence fine-tuning etc .... well I was until this morning when I connected the EZ Command to the layout and, having pressed function 10, ran a non-chipped loco to test that all was well before attempting DCC operation.  The DC loco ran smoothly but the controller seemed rather noisily unhappy and I took this to be the hum mentioned in the instructions ... unfortunately after I lifted the DC loco off the track prior to placing a DCC chipped loco the EZ Command went blank ... all the lights have gone out and it appears lifeless :(  How can I revive it ... is it actually dead or is it the 16v AC power pack that I've killed?

Jerrys HO

Nick,

I would get a multimeter and check to see if you are getting any voltage out of the wall unit. Then plug in the controller and check the voltage coming out of it.

Jerry

jward

when running a dc loco on dcc, the humming comes from the locomotive itself, and is most noticeable when it is stopped.

if your ez command was making a noise you should contact Bachmann service. dcc command stations should be silent.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA