News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Slowing the Forney

Started by 2foot6, December 18, 2013, 04:28:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2foot6

I have two Forneys and both run too fast on DCC speed setting one.Have tried changing the CVS ,but am unable to slow it down.Does any one else have this problem and is there a fix?   I am trying to make it run slow on low settings...........Peter

Stevelewis

Are  these  sound  on  board  or  DCC only?

I have  both here,  the  non  sound  one   was  a little hard to control at low  speeds  despite trying  various  CV changes,  so  i removed  the  bachmann Decooder  and  fitted  a LENZ silver  decoder,  which brought a dramtic  change in performance  it  crawls  imperceptably  at  speed  setting 1

The  sound  one also crawls  at  setting 1 after   I set  CV3 ( acceleration)  to  20  and  CV4 (deceleration)  to 10.
STEVE LEWIS   North  WALES   UK

Close  to  the  Great  Little  Trains  Of Wales!!

2foot6

thank you Steve for your reply,I tried these settings a while ago and again today,the same result,on setting  1 it moves along slowly but not a crawl.Both Forneys are fitted with sound.Peter

Stevelewis

Hi Peter

I will just  go  and   try  the  sound  one  here  and  see  if  i can  come to  any  firther  conclusions
Steve

Stevelewis

Just  done  a  quick  test on the  shed  layout,  the  outdoor temp  is  currently 4.0C not  that the  temp has  any affect on  the  running!

I set  the  loco  moving at  speed  step 1,  then  counted  thhe  number  of  driving  wheel revolutions, in 1 minute  which  was 17, during   that  time  the  loco travelled approx 1 metre ( 40"),  the  decoder  setting  are  start  voltage 1  acceleration 20  deceleration  10,  apart  from changing  the  rate of the Bell ringing  and selecting one of the alternate whistle  sounds  all other  settings  are as factory set.

Just a couple  of  thoughts  do you  have  any other  bachmann 0n30 locos  ie  not  Forneys? andd if  so  can you get  thhese to run  slowly?

Also what  DCC eqipment  are  you  using,  ?    I  am using  a  Gaugemaster  Prodigy2  ( MRC)

2foot6

Hi Steve,I'm using  Ullenbrock dcc and I do have other bachmann locos,some will crawl and some don't.I will try the percentage scale on the dcc to see if it makes a difference,but not today,the weather forecast is for 106 deg...Peter.

Stevelewis

Its  no  wonder,  Eng  have  lost  3  test  matches,  they  just  ain't  used  to  the  HEAT!

2foot6

Yeah,,,,get it right, we have the bigger trains ,faster Forneys and the better teams ... ;D ;D ;D