News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Short cars

Started by foles1, December 20, 2013, 02:43:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foles1

What is the timeline for more short cars, flats, gondolas, box cars?  Also, will it be a token run, or will  they produce a decent quantity?
Would like to get some more.

Bob

the Bach-man

Dear Bob,
They will be regular production items. We hope to have more around April.
Merry Christmas!
the Bach-man

max (uk)

Do you have any idea when the 18 ft. Box Car with Murphy Roof is planned to be released? I think they were meant to be here this time of year, but I haven't seen any yet.

I'm really glad Bachmann made these. They have a great amount of detail which matches the loco range nicely. I also have quite a small layout, so they are really useful.

I hope Bachmann consider making a caboose that is the same style as the 18ft. cars. With similar features as the Side Door Caboose, which is another great item.
I would also be interested in an 18ft Pulpwood Car, which would be quite easy for Bachmann to make.

the Bach-man

Dear Max,
I believe they have arrived. I'll check for sure on Monday.
Merry Christmas!
the Bach-man

on30vince

I recieved mine in the mail from micro mark this morning. they look great
Vince

the Bach-man

Well, there ya go...
In and shipped...
Have fun!
Merry Christmas!
the Bach-man

Royce Wilson

Thanks Mr.Bachmann these 18' cars really look great!.I am planning on pulling them with a 1890 Bachmann IF 4-4-0.

Royce

Royce Wilson

Bachmann if yo took the current caboose and changed the cupola by making it taller and put a four wheel bogie under it then many generations of modelers would be happy!

Royce

Catt

I would be happier if they made some longer cars.Splicing and dicing to get them is fun but gets rather expencive after awhile.

Royce Wilson

Catt,why not do this with the 26 foot box cars?,they are cheap and Grandt line parts are not that expensive.
I have even removed that cast on ladder and added grab iron to add variety to my rolling stock.
The bachmann stuff is great and never have we had it so good in O narrow gauge!

Royce

Catt

Royce,I fully intend to do just that. ;D Bachmann cars were meant to be bashed into something else if so desired (which I do).

lvrr325

No reason you can't make up new bodies with Evergreen car siding.  It's not hard.   Just copy the Bachmann cars and make them longer -

mogadad

Quote from: Catt on December 29, 2013, 08:19:12 AM
I would be happier if they made some longer cars.Splicing and dicing to get them is fun but gets rather expencive after awhile.
There are RTR and kit longer cars available from San Juan as well as a number of 40' kits from Wiseman Model services for less than trashing two Bachmann cars.

BTW-Keep making the short cars. There is clearly more demand for them than the 28"ers BUT double up or triple up the 18" flat cars because they are in demand to build unusual box cars, cabooses and work train equipment

mmiller

Quote from: mogadad on January 13, 2014, 04:51:59 PM

BTW-Keep making the short cars. There is clearly more demand for them than the 28"ers

how do figure that? I know everyone likes new stuff, but I don't know how one can say there "clearly more demand" for the unusually sized cars over more typically sized cars?
mike miller
San Juan Pacific Lines
On31.17 California 3' narrow gauge

Mark B

Any word on shipment of the 18 footers? I've had some on on back order from MicroMark since November.