STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 07, 2019, 06:48:25 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  On30
| | |-+  Short cars
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Short cars  (Read 8301 times)
foles1

View Profile
« on: December 20, 2013, 03:43:27 PM »

What is the timeline for more short cars, flats, gondolas, box cars?  Also, will it be a token run, or will  they produce a decent quantity?
Would like to get some more.

Bob
the Bach-man
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 01:36:37 AM »

Dear Bob,
They will be regular production items. We hope to have more around April.
Merry Christmas!
the Bach-man
max (uk)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 07:31:21 AM »

Do you have any idea when the 18 ft. Box Car with Murphy Roof is planned to be released? I think they were meant to be here this time of year, but I haven't seen any yet.

I'm really glad Bachmann made these. They have a great amount of detail which matches the loco range nicely. I also have quite a small layout, so they are really useful.

I hope Bachmann consider making a caboose that is the same style as the 18ft. cars. With similar features as the Side Door Caboose, which is another great item.
I would also be interested in an 18ft Pulpwood Car, which would be quite easy for Bachmann to make.

Blue Ridge Mountain Railroad - On30

http://blueridgemountainrr.jimdo.com
the Bach-man
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 12:50:26 AM »

Dear Max,
I believe they have arrived. I'll check for sure on Monday.
Merry Christmas!
the Bach-man
on30vince

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2013, 01:28:17 PM »

I recieved mine in the mail from micro mark this morning. they look great
Vince
the Bach-man
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2013, 12:04:33 AM »

Well, there ya go...
In and shipped...
Have fun!
Merry Christmas!
the Bach-man
Royce Wilson

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2013, 06:31:37 PM »

Thanks Mr.Bachmann these 18' cars really look great!.I am planning on pulling them with a 1890 Bachmann IF 4-4-0.

Royce
Royce Wilson

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2013, 12:26:45 PM »

Bachmann if yo took the current caboose and changed the cupola by making it taller and put a four wheel bogie under it then many generations of modelers would be happy!

Royce
Catt

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2013, 09:19:12 AM »

I would be happier if they made some longer cars.Splicing and dicing to get them is fun but gets rather expencive after awhile.
Royce Wilson

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2014, 10:34:26 AM »

Catt,why not do this with the 26 foot box cars?,they are cheap and Grandt line parts are not that expensive.
I have even removed that cast on ladder and added grab iron to add variety to my rolling stock.
The bachmann stuff is great and never have we had it so good in O narrow gauge!

Royce
Catt

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2014, 10:46:50 AM »

Royce,I fully intend to do just that. Grin Bachmann cars were meant to be bashed into something else if so desired (which I do).
lvrr325

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2014, 05:05:54 PM »

No reason you can't make up new bodies with Evergreen car siding.  It's not hard.   Just copy the Bachmann cars and make them longer -
mogadad

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2014, 05:51:59 PM »

I would be happier if they made some longer cars.Splicing and dicing to get them is fun but gets rather expencive after awhile.
There are RTR and kit longer cars available from San Juan as well as a number of 40' kits from Wiseman Model services for less than trashing two Bachmann cars.

BTW-Keep making the short cars. There is clearly more demand for them than the 28"ers BUT double up or triple up the 18" flat cars because they are in demand to build unusual box cars, cabooses and work train equipment
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 05:58:00 PM by mogadad » Logged
mmiller

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2014, 01:02:54 PM »

BTW-Keep making the short cars. There is clearly more demand for them than the 28"ers

how do figure that? I know everyone likes new stuff, but I don't know how one can say there "clearly more demand" for the unusually sized cars over more typically sized cars?

mike miller
San Juan Pacific Lines
On31.17 California 3' narrow gauge
Mark B

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2014, 02:12:05 PM »

Any word on shipment of the 18 footers? I've had some on on back order from MicroMark since November.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: