Merry Christmas & What did Santa Get You and the kids!!!

Started by M1FredQ, December 24, 2013, 01:23:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GG1onFordsDTandI

Joking aside, I did buy myself an early gift or two just before Christmas, and around 2 o'clock today will buy a third.
First I bought a second MPC-Lionel, Chromed, Rock Isle & Peoria 4-4-0 "General" so I could bash in a front coupler and double head them (worked great, ran Christmas Eve 4-5 hrs not one hick-up). While there at the sellers home, I also bought back a MARX Commodore Vanderbilt freight set I regrettably sold (somehow forgetting it was the one in the family since new :o Oops). The man somehow new I would regret it and had saved it for me all this time. Wouldn't take more than $65 he paid either ;D. Though not a huge tin plate fan, today I should be the proud owner of a set of tin passenger cars and another Commodore! If I can trade/sell the second engine for a MARX Mercury, my tin plate aspirations will be about 90% complete lacking only a nice MARX station.
For my birthday I'm going to buy back the BL-2 too You just don't know what you've got till its gone sometimes ;) 

jbrock27

Keep Calm and Carry On

bobwrgt

Lets see. On Sat the 21st it was my birthday. GOT up in the morning and had a breakfast sandwich. Walked the dog and thought I had indigestion. Came home and both my arms were hurting like they were hit by a base ball bat. Went to the emergency room and found out I was having a heart attack. One artery 100% blocked and 2 more partial. Within 1 hour both were fixed with stints and I get to stay around for another birthday and Christmass. They went thru my wrist with the wire in a hole no bigger then a mosquito bite. Can't say enough about how great they were at to hospital. Was home on Monday afternoon.
THURSDAY afternoon bought a new lap top and took delivery of a N scale 2-10-2 I ordered. One great week.

jbrock27

I guess you can count your blessings and be glad you are here to be able to tell us about it.  Good Health to you in the New Year!
Keep Calm and Carry On

M1FredQ

Dear Bobwrgt

That''s the best story!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a present you were smart enough to get over to the ER!!!!

Which artery was 100% blocked ? If it is what they call  the LAD(it's not a light bulb) then you really had a good guardian angel looking after you because in medicine it's called the "Widow maker".

Have great Holiday and treat yourself well!!!!

bobwrgt

You are correct. I thank the lord for a good day.
It was like being on an episode of Gray,s Anatomy. Also what a birthday party it was , there were a bunch of nurses ripping my clothes off.
I guess the important thing was to get to the ER before any real damage was done to the brain also. If you have chest pain and your arms hurt get to an ER fast. Glad I only live 8 blocks away.

Ken G Price

Well, I can say that I did not get a heart attack for Christmas. :o Glad you are OK!

I did get a book called, "The Last Steam Railroad in America" about the last years of steam on the Norfolk and Western RR. With photos by O. Winston Link and story by Thomas H. Garver.

Ken G Price N-Scale out west. 1995-1996 or so! UP, SP, MoPac.
Pictures Of My Layout, http://s567.photobucket.com/albums/ss115/kengprice/

jbrock27

a bunch of nurses ripping my clothes off

Too bad it wasn't just that.  That sounds like a lot of fun ;D
Keep Calm and Carry On

GG1onFordsDTandI

Well Bob its unlikely that story will be topped!  :o I mean who doesn't want a 2-10-2?  :D (glad youre OK ;))

I am the proud owner of a seven car prewar tin passenger train set now ($30 ;D). The new Commodore Vanderbilt isn't the right engine to match what turned out to be UP cars but its still cool. He is holding a very salvageable prewar Lionel 253 set for me too ($40). Guess I will be a bit over my original tin plate limit :-\ but with prices like that, I cant refuse 8)

GG1onFordsDTandI

Quote from: jbrock27 on December 28, 2013, 08:34:27 AM
BL-2-the most ugliest loco, ever :D
:D Not too sure about that. Take a look at an UP M-10000 (the correct engine for the tin train I bought today. :D)
:D Besides, I like ugly, Im a VW beetle and Dodge A-100 fan remember? 8)

jbrock27

You're right, the M-1000 is uglier!
I think the Bug is cute (just don't like the air cooled engine) and the Dodge, well that's just cooooolll man !! 8)
Keep Calm and Carry On

Jerrys HO

QuoteCheesy Besides, I like ugly, Im a VW beetle and Dodge A-100 fan remember? Cool

GG I have not heard anyone talk about the A100 in a long time. One of my favorites also.

Jerry

utdave

Finished of with another F7 alaska   so now i have a A B A set up b unit have changed over to sound  from another railroad .   some coal cars  and a 4x4 ploaris atv with snow plow  my old john deere 52 b i didnt want to keep starting it in the cold  to do the drive way with . more time for the railroad  is the key for life     DAve

M1FredQ

Balrog

Great video lots of fun to watch.

What's happening to the O-Gauge layout you were workin on?

Happy New Year everyone!!!