News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Spectrum SD45 Versions

Started by slipknot_chick_989, September 10, 2007, 10:37:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slipknot_chick_989

I have both Versions of the Spectrum SD45 in union pacific. Which Version is correct to scale 1.87? the reason i am asking is that it seems they both have different demontions what is the reason for this?

Thanks Liz

PhilipCal

Liz, I'm not certain I understand your question. Bachmann Spectrum equipment is pretty accurate as to scale dimensions, and prototype markings. 1:87 is HO scale. As a general rule, manufacturors sometimes have to make small adjustments in scale fidelity as part of the manufacturing process. That said, and having been in the hobby for over thirty years,today's models are probably the most accurate ever.

the Bach-man

Dear Slipknot,
The current production run is the most accurate.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

newguy

Speaking of the SD-45's, I just received two Spectrum SD-45 units in the mail yesterday. I already had three standard Bachmann gp-40's but wow what a difference in overall quality. The Spectrums run so much more quietly and smoothly than the standards. I'm extremely happy with them. When I buy Bachmann locos in the future, I will only buy Spectrum from now on. Good job Bachmann with your Spectrum line.

Does anyone know why the Spectrums are so much more quiet? It must be a different motor all together inside.

new guy