union pacific 4014

ok it gets stuck on rerailer and switches   i use ez track

richg

Quote from: union pacific 4014 on December 25, 2013, 07:56:06 PM
ok it gets stuck on rerailer and switches   i use ez track

Define what you mean by, gets stuck?

Rich

Br 98.75

on the under side of the engine you can see the gear for the wheels, un-screw the plate and file  down the gear cover until it doesn't catch

richg

That is a known issue I have seen here before. Also, check the coupler trip pin height with a coupler gauge, just in case.

Rich

union pacific 4014

when it goes over  rerailer and switches  slowly  gets stuck  wheels keep spining couplers  are not the problem there clear

jonathan

Like Rich and BR98.75 said,  the hump on the wheel cover plate is just a bit too thick.  I don't remove the cover--just turn loco over and file down that hump just a bit; perhaps less than 1/64".  Just takes a minute. I have done it to all 5 of my USRA 0-6-0s.

Regards

Jonathan

union pacific 4014

union pacific 4014

i wonder if knows bachmann they bottom out on there track?   ;D

rogertra

Quote from: union pacific 4014 on December 27, 2013, 01:00:06 AM
i wonder if knows bachmann they bottom out on there track?   ;D

It's a really old model, produced way before the Spectrum range.  Probably made from 20 plus year old molds.

union pacific 4014

i took a raze knife and shaved off some of the hump  it fine now

electrical whiz kid

jbrock27

It is my understanding that EZ track is Code 100. 
Keep Calm and Carry On

richg

jonathan

Code of the rail is irrelevant in this case.  The hump would hit the divergent rail or flat portion of a rerailer track no matter the code. It has to do with the hump hanging just a micro-skosh lower than level with the drive wheels.

As stated above,  this is an older model design, but can be tweaked to be a great little locomotive.

Regards,

Jonathan