News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Davenport 0-4-0 one day ?

Started by Old Bandit, December 28, 2013, 04:15:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Bandit

Hello Mr Bach Man,
I'm a huge fan of the Bachmann Davenport 0-4-0 (0n30) but I can't find it.
So Mr Bach Man could you give us a good news for the next year? :)
Thanks by advance.

Kernow

Well I am not Mr. Bach man but I found this via Google.

Tower Models in the UK show a "New all metal bodied 0-4-0 Side Rod Gas Mechanical Loco" on their website.

Would be interesting if it does happen, will make it harder to kitbash but would run better with the extra weight !

http://www.tower-models.com/towermodels/On30/on30/locos/gas/index.htm

Old Bandit

Many thanks for that news. I'm gonna watch it ASAP. :)

Catt

The units pictured look exactly like my plastic bodied GMs except I made doors for mine, ;D

Stevelewis

I think  the  above  GOOGLE search  threw  up an  Old  entry  for  Tower  Models   www.tower-models.com over here in the  UK,   The  Gas Mech does not  feature  in  their  web site  currently  nor in  Tower Models  latest hard  copy   catalogue.

There  are  one  or  2  Gas  Mechs  showing  up  on eBay  from time  to  time, but  I beleive they  were  not  the  best  of  sellers,  so I assume  that  there is probaly  no rush to  do another  batch

We  had  3  of  the  locos,  but  eventually  sold  them  off, the running  qualities were not  as  good  as  other 0n30 locos,  despite   continually  cleaning  the  loco wheel ( and  track)  and adding  additional  weight  to the locos.

If  you  use  the  link  on the post  from  Kernow  above, it  takes you to  the  old  entry  for  the  GAS Mechanical, but  if  you  then  click on  the Bachmann logo at  bottom of  page   you go  to  Tower  Model's  Current  Loco page  which  was  last  updated  when  the  Whitcomb diesel was  announced in Sept.,  but  there  is  no section  for  the  Gas  Mech.
STEVE LEWIS   North  WALES   UK

Close  to  the  Great  Little  Trains  Of Wales!!

davanuk

Hi,

I couldn't find the gas mechanicals on Tower's website so I rang them this morning. It is an old advert and they were all sold out a long time ago. Shame though.

Regards,
Dave

Stevelewis

Quote from: davanuk on December 30, 2013, 11:07:20 AM
Hi,

I couldn't find the gas mechanicals on Tower's website so I rang them this morning. It is an old advert and they were all sold out a long time ago. Shame though.

Regards,
Dave
[
/quote]
Yep  thats  just  what  I  said  above!!,  I  have  been  a Tower  Models  customer  for  over  30  years,  excelleent  service  and  fast  delivery,  worldwide  mail  order  as  well ( not  that it affects  me  here in the  UK)
STEVE LEWIS   North  WALES   UK

Close  to  the  Great  Little  Trains  Of Wales!!

Catt

Check with "The Favorite Spot" in Texas (they have a Facebook store) I think they have some in stock.

davanuk

Steve, I hadn't properly read your reply before typing mine, however, I thought that the answer  straight from the horse's mouth, as it were, was worth putting on here.

I too am a Tower Models customer and agree with you about their high standards of service and speed of service. I have always found them to be very helpful and use them when I can.

Regards,
Dave

Old Bandit

Thanks for your answers. It's very helpful.
And, of course...Happy New Year from France !

lvrr325

I think mine was under $20 from TFS, I took my chances with their service because they were going off so cheap.